Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLS Direct Kick Blackouts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

Does MLS DK broadcast games from Fox soccer channel? Also, I live in Philly and alot of Union games are on abc 6.2 (Live Well HD) which Directv doesn't carry. Will these games be shown on Direct Kick or will I have to buy an antenna just to see these games???

#2 OFFLINE   Chandu

Chandu

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

Assuming you're on DirecTV, this is what their site says:

http://support.direc...etail/a_id/1727

It doesn't mention the Philadelphia team, and also not too sure about carriers other than DirecTV.

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Does MLS DK broadcast games from Fox soccer channel? Also, I live in Philly and alot of Union games are on abc 6.2 (Live Well HD) which Directv doesn't carry. Will these games be shown on Direct Kick or will I have to buy an antenna just to see these games???

Good luck. Unless you have a big VHF antenna, you're not going to pick up 6 OTA. Unless you live like right near the transmitters up Bala Cynwyd way.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Wont be a problem. I have a mini 7" tv that picks up 6.2 crystal clear INSIDE my house. An antenna shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know what to spend my money on. I would order Direct kick if I can get the games from Live Well and FSC. If not, I'll have to get an antenna for Live Well and the Sports Pack for FSC. Obviously I'd prefer to get away with buying Direct Kick! :grin:

#5 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Wont be a problem. I have a mini 7" tv that picks up 6.2 crystal clear INSIDE my house. An antenna shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know what to spend my money on. I would order Direct kick if I can get the games from Live Well and FSC. If not, I'll have to get an antenna for Live Well and the Sports Pack for FSC. Obviously I'd prefer to get away with buying Direct Kick! :grin:

Any word on this? Was wondering how I was going to watch the game tonight? I'm guessing livewellHD is considered an abc affiliated station and it will not be on direct kick. I'm tempted to get direct kick for the non televised games that are coming up. Those have no local broadcast and should be covered by direct kick I would think. Hope?

#6 OFFLINE   russinpa

russinpa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

I live in the Philly market (Berks County) and have Direct Kick thru Directv.

So far this year all Union games on Direct Kick have been available to me (NO BLACKOUTS). Sometimes its the Union broadcast and sometimes its the opposing team's broadcast. Wednesday's game against RSL was the Union broadcast.

Also, if a game is on one of the ESPN channels or FSC its exclusive. No local telecasts or DK.

If a game is on Telefutura or Galavision it can be televised in the participating teams markets in English but it wont be on DK because TF/Gal have national rights to the game.

So far this year, I have had every Union MLS game available to me on at least one of the services listed above.

Hope this helps. Russ

spam firewall