Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

mistake during automated satisfaction call

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cyberclaw77

Cyberclaw77

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

This afternoon a technician came by to realign my dish. He did an excellent job and was very professional.

A few hours later I received an automated call from DirecTV, wanting to know if I was satisfied with the service. The problem came with the final question:

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the level of service and professionalism of the technician? Enter your answer and hit the pound key."

I entered 10, but then accidentally hit the * key instead of #. Realizing my error, I hit #, and received this message:

"We at DirecTV value your satisfaction. Would you like to be transferred to a customer service representative to resolve your issues?" (this isn't a direct quote, of course):confused:

I was a little surprised by this response, and wasn't sure what it meant. So I instinctively declined. Almost immediately I began to wonder... did the system interpret my mistake as being a "1"? If so, I don't want an excellent tech to receive a negative mark.

Hoping to resolve this I called DirecTV and spoke with a CSR. I told him what my concern was. He made a note in the system that the tech did an excellent job and was very professional. He noted that a mistake may have been made during the automated call.

Would you recommend further action? I would hate to see this tech get a negative mark because of my error.

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

Too late, he's already been terminated.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   bubbagscotch

bubbagscotch

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

he got fired

#4 OFFLINE   prospect60

prospect60

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

If you have his name and who he works for, call the employer directly or better yet call and write a short note of appreciation -- amazing how useful a handwritten note can be for the ego and at job performance reviews (particularly after a Bad Day at Black Rock)

#5 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

i did the same thing , kinda, i think i hit 1 but the zero didnt work and i pressed pound then he probably got a one rating. i think they need to change this to 9 being the top score to be honest...i bet a lot of people do this :)
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder
HR10-250 63 hrs w/DB8 antenna (parts :))
1/2 full Sony T60 (historical value)

#6 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,278 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

"automated satisfaction call"

Yet another oxymoron! :lol:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#7 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Those automated surveys are crap anyways.

I've never dropped below 90% and I was without a badge for a month waiting on a replacement.

The ID question counts for 2 points so I should have had a steady 80%.

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...