Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channels I don't get appear in Guide

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stewpidity

Stewpidity

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

My Guide is set to only show the Channels I get, but it is showing 3 channels in don't get:

530 SBLKHD
531 SCINHD
535 ENCeHD

I have tried to reset the the receivers, refresh my services, switch the program guide from "channels I get" to "all channels" back to "channels i get", but i cannot get them to go away.

Anyone have any idea what else i can do ?

(I currently have the Choice Extra +HD/DVR Package)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

This was worked on for awhile in threads such as this:

http://www.dbstalk.c...2&highlight=cig

But when the new channels were added the problem cropped back up (for those channels.) Also being discussed here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...5&highlight=cig

Would have been nice to see them fix the problem before the new channels were added...
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#3 OFFLINE   Shaqdan

Shaqdan

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Create a custom profile and add them manually?

#4 OFFLINE   John R. Metzger

John R. Metzger

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

I am finding channels that I put in custom lists are disappearing frequently. They always seem to be the more recent channel additions.

#5 OFFLINE   Shaqdan

Shaqdan

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Interesting. I have never had a channel disappear from a list.

#6 OFFLINE   John R. Metzger

John R. Metzger

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

I hadn't either. It had been happening for a couple of weeks on the DVR in the LIving Room and tonight I just looked at H21/200 which had gotten an update today and discovered that most if not all of the HD additions from July along with Free Speech and Golden Eagle were unchecked.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,836 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

I am finding channels that I put in custom lists are disappearing frequently. They always seem to be the more recent channel additions.

Me too! The new Showtimes, new Starz, new HBOs, Lifetime, & Hallmark...all HD versions.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

I think if you have the hide-SD duplicates feature turned on, and you have a SD channel in your custom list, then the HD version is added later, you have to manually add the HD version to your custom list. The receiver will not automatically add the HD version, it will just start hiding the SD version.

#9 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,836 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

I think if you have the hide-SD duplicates feature turned on, and you have a SD channel in your custom list, then the HD version is added later, you have to manually add the HD version to your custom list. The receiver will not automatically add the HD version, it will just start hiding the SD version.

If you're replying to me, I understand that. It's that after I add them, some randomly disappear after a reboot.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#10 OFFLINE   John R. Metzger

John R. Metzger

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

I also have already added them and then they disappear.

#11 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,639 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

My Guide is set to only show the Channels I get, but it is showing 3 channels in don't get:

530 SBLKHD
531 SCINHD
535 ENCeHD

I have tried to reset the the receivers, refresh my services, switch the program guide from "channels I get" to "all channels" back to "channels i get", but i cannot get them to go away.

Anyone have any idea what else i can do ?

(I currently have the Choice Extra +HD/DVR Package)

Hey, count yourself lucky it only shows 3! Mine has always shown dozens of channels I don't get and it makes autorecording useless for all practical purposes. DirectlTV is well aware of the problem but they seem unable to fix it. Incidentally, my HR 20 is planning to record Appointment with Murder (I have a Poirot autorecord) tomorrow morning on a channel I don't get (Starz I think). I left it alone to see what it does. I'm betting on 2 hours of black screen.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

spam firewall