Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Birthday to me

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EMoMoney

EMoMoney

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

What did D* give me for my birthday? The called me today and offered me the new customer deal of NFLST and 5 months of free Premium programming. Yes, my birthday was yesterday and no, I don't think it had anything to do with the offer. But it was nice.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hey my birthday was in June - I wish I'd get that same call. I'd say YES in a heartbeat!
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#3 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

My birthday was two weeks ago and all I got from DirecTV was the bill.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#4 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

What did D* give me for my birthday? The called me today and offered me the new customer deal of NFLST and 5 months of free Premium programming. Yes, my birthday was yesterday and no, I don't think it had anything to do with the offer. But it was nice.

Are you on a grandfathered base pkg? (Total Choice or Total Choice +)
If so, THAT'S probably why you got the call - D* is doing everything they can to force people off those legacy packages. Once you switch over to Premier, you will NEVER be able to go back to your legacy pkg again.
I get these calls about once a year & will NOT be switching until I HAVE to... ;)

#5 OFFLINE   ejuer

ejuer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

If so, THAT'S probably why you got the call - D* is doing everything they can to force people off those legacy packages. Once you switch over to Premier, you will NEVER be able to go back to your legacy pkg again.
I get these calls about once a year & will NOT be switching until I HAVE to... ;)

I believe that is why it was offered to me last year. I gladly gave up my old package as my bill only increased a dollar per month which was well worth ST for a season and the extra channels in Premier for 5 months.

#6 OFFLINE   DFWHD

DFWHD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Make sure it was really D* that called you. This happened to me last year at this same time of the year and when I tried to call D* back to take them up on the offer, I found out it was a 3rd party dealer that had called and left the message...
An HD Addict Since 2006 - Must Have More HD Nationals...

#7 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 751 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

My birthday was yesterday, but I was notified that I would be receiving the Red Zone Channel for free earlier this week. :D
HR20-700 Connected to 55" Samsung UN55D8000YF via HDMI
HR20-700 Connected to 24" Samsung P2570HD
R22-200 Connected to 32" Sony
D* Customer since 2000

#8 OFFLINE   EMoMoney

EMoMoney

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

No. We actually just downgraded from the premiere package a coupld of months ago because we just didn't watch enough of the premuim channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...