Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Game show moving to channel 233 on 8/4/10

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Just in case anyone cares got this info:

If you've been looking for your favorite game shows, they've moved. As of 8/4/10, The Game Show Network will be on channel 233!

See post My Setup for configuration info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Always one of my favorites, Match Game will live forever. At our house we always talk about who's alive and who has departed. We also subscribe to the Filipino international channels, and watching their version of "Hole In The Wall" is hilarious.

#3 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

I want them to run "Super Password" again!!!

Bert Convy is hilarious...

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#4 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

I want playmania back!
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#5 OFFLINE   bamaweather

bamaweather

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

I want playmania back!

I loved Playmania. But only with the original hosts. Mel, Shandi. Those were the good old days. Once they started switching the hosts around, that's when it went down hill.

#6 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:21 PM

So whats going to be on 309 then?

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#7 OFFLINE   bigtotoro

bigtotoro

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

When do these usually happen? Midnight? Mid morning?

#8 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

Interesting channel location, I wonder why they're moving it?

#9 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

When do these usually happen? Midnight? Mid morning?

6:00 A.M.

~Alan

#10 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:09 AM

It didn't move, they duplicated it. Its on both 233 and 309. What a waste.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#11 OFFLINE   tyrok3k

tyrok3k

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

They should move G4 now. The only possible reason for them moving it to 310 from 354 was that they dropped the TechTV part and were no longer considered a news channel. Putting it next to GSN just because they are both about "games" never seemed right. Now that G4 is more of a mens channels it would probably fit better somewhere between 230-250 rather than being between Sleuth and ABC Family.

#12 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

It didn't move, they duplicated it. Its on both 233 and 309. What a waste.

It's just a mirror, doesn't take anymore bandwidth. 309 will probably go away in a couple weeks to allow folks to learn the new channel number.

#13 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

It's just a mirror, doesn't take anymore bandwidth. 309 will probably go away in a couple weeks to allow folks to learn the new channel number.

Just like the old QVC channel spot? (its still on both 275 and 317 a year later).

DIRECTV customer

#14 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

Just like the old QVC channel spot? (its still on both 275 and 317 a year later).

QVC contracts for two different channel slots.
Similar to the 101.

As for GSN... not sure if it is going to be in two slots or not, but GSN is majority owned by DIRECTV (and why I can't play in some of their contets.. :( ), so it is possible that it is getting the multiple slot treatment just like the 101.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#15 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:17 AM

They should move G4 now. The only possible reason for them moving it to 310 from 354 was that they dropped the TechTV part and were no longer considered a news channel. Putting it next to GSN just because they are both about "games" never seemed right. Now that G4 is more of a mens channels it would probably fit better somewhere between 230-250 rather than being between Sleuth and ABC Family.

I'm wondering if they'll move G4 to 234 to be next to the other two Comcast networks, Style and E!, and if they'll launch them in HD soon? Wouldn't that be nice?

#16 OFFLINE   ddobson

ddobson

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

I wish GSN would put "Who Dares Wins" back on. It is an Australian game show and they only ran it for a short time. It was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. A lot like Fear Factor but without the gross stuff. Pretty much stunts of all size too. Little funny things in a shopping mall to driving a car on and off a car carrier while moving.

Their big finale stunt of each episode was a surprise to the participant. Someone would be nominated for a stunt by a friend, co-worker or family member. The crew shows up unannounced at their house at breakfast time and take them to the stunt. I actually saw a couple that were in another country. They picked them up and flew them to the stunt.

Good ones too. Swimming with Aligators at an aligator farm, Rescuing someone from a stuck tram.

Sorry I went on and on but that is one of the most fun shows I've seen and they only had it on a short time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189323/
DirecTV since 2/95
XM Since 06/04
--------------------
Like Tracking Storms?
www.stormpredator.com

#17 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

It looks like this might have been a false alarm/news since where I got that info from now doesn't have it posted. I'm going to as a mod to please close this thread. Sorry - RAD

#18 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

GSN really needs to get the rights to old TPIRs from the 70s/80s. Didn't they used to air them a long time ago?

#19 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

It looks like this might have been a false alarm/news since where I got that info from now doesn't have it posted. I'm going to as a mod to please close this thread. Sorry - RAD

I think it is fine.

The channel did at least "duplicate" down to 233...
Could be a pre-cursor to moving, or could simply being that they are now going to have it on two channels.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#20 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I think it is fine.

The channel did at least "duplicate" down to 233...
Could be a pre-cursor to moving, or could simply being that they are now going to have it on two channels.

So you see it in your guide? I don't see 233 in any of my STB's and I did a refresh on the web site and a reboot and still not there. If folks are seeing it guess I'll just wait and see if mine every gets the change. I just didn't want to put out info that might be incorrect since I didn't see it and the annoucement I saw was not gone.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...