Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Game show moving to channel 233 on 8/4/10

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

So you see it in your guide? I don't see 233 in any of my STB's and I did a refresh on the web site and a reboot and still not there. If folks are seeing it guess I'll just wait and see if mine every gets the change. I just didn't want to put out info that might be incorrect since I didn't see it and the annoucement I saw was not gone.

Yep... see right here on my HR21-700.
The guide data and channel listing data will cycle through out the morning...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

It looks like this might have been a false alarm/news since where I got that info from now doesn't have it posted. I'm going to as a mod to please close this thread. Sorry - RAD

No, you are correct, as I saw it myslef on a dealer bulletin.
It is going to be on dual-feed for a week, then it will be removed from 309.

#23 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hmm. On my HR20-700, I need to do trick play for the audio and video to show on both GSN channels. No need for any other SD channels or HD channels that I can find. Other DVRs are fine.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#24 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

GSN really needs to get the rights to old TPIRs from the 70s/80s. Didn't they used to air them a long time ago?

They did show TPIR reruns for a few years (even the original 1950s-1960s version with Bill Cullen), but can't get them anymore -- the company that owns TPIR apparently decided having reruns on GSN was detracting from the first-run episodes on CBS.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#25 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

I would like to see the Original Joker's Wild again...

Joker - Joker - Trip to New York
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#26 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

They did show TPIR reruns for a few years (even the original 1950s-1960s version with Bill Cullen), but can't get them anymore -- the company that owns TPIR apparently decided having reruns on GSN was detracting from the first-run episodes on CBS.

If they air them at night or on weekends, I don't see why it detracts (except to show that Bob Barker is far superior to Drew Carey). Plus you have so many people not home during the day anyhow to watch it. The show itself, except for the host, is basically the same now as it was in the 70s.

And yes, Jokers Wild would be a great addition. Basically a poor and dumber man's Jeopardy with a slot machine thrown in.

#27 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

They should move G4 now. The only possible reason for them moving it to 310 from 354 was that they dropped the TechTV part and were no longer considered a news channel. Putting it next to GSN just because they are both about "games" never seemed right. Now that G4 is more of a mens channels it would probably fit better somewhere between 230-250 rather than being between Sleuth and ABC Family.

Didn't TechTV died four years ago? I loved TechTv! :(

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#28 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Bill Cullen was a class act back in the day. Is he still living?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#29 OFFLINE   oldcrooner

oldcrooner

Godfather

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Bill Cullen was a class act back in the day. Is he still living?

He died of lung cancer in 1990. Indeed, he was a class act...always very low-key, considerate and not wrapped up in himself like so many others were/are.
Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, but in proportion to their readiness to doubt.
--Ambrose Bierce

#30 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

Give me "Treasure Hunt" with Geoff Edwards!

Or "Who Dares Wins" from Australia. It used to be on GSN, and was awesome!

#31 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,649 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

So you see it in your guide? I don't see 233 in any of my STB's and I did a refresh on the web site and a reboot and still not there. If folks are seeing it guess I'll just wait and see if mine every gets the change. I just didn't want to put out info that might be incorrect since I didn't see it and the annoucement I saw was not gone.

Yep, not seeing 233 on any of my HR24's, but it shows on my HR23. Weird.

#32 OFFLINE   YKW06

YKW06

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

If they air them at night or on weekends, I don't see why it detracts (except to show that Bob Barker is far superior to Drew Carey). Plus you have so many people not home during the day anyhow to watch it. The show itself, except for the host, is basically the same now as it was in the 70s.

Carey rocks. And he's not nearly as creepy interacting with the models.

And yes, Jokers Wild would be a great addition. Basically a poor and dumber man's Jeopardy with a slot machine thrown in.

TJW consistently ranks high in viewer surveys and rankings, but is said to have been the lowest-rated program on GSN every time it's been run. While current rightsholder Sony Pictures Entertainment is still a GSN co-owner, it's unclear if GSN currently retains a license to air the show. It hasn't run in a very long time and is no longer listed on the corporate website as part of the channel's "Acquired Programming". (Then again, neither is CARD SHARKS, and that airs about thirty times a day...)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...