Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upcoming change for Madison, WI Fox47

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

I live basically right in between Madison and Milwaukee. My UHF-only OTA antenna was pointed towards Milwaukee since I have had it for the last 2.5yrs. Would've pointed it towards Madison but would not have received FOX47, since its digital frequency is only 11. But a plan is in place to switch to a UHC freq. Their new antenna delivery is slated for the third week in September. They also hope to have the antenna mounted and be operational on Channel 49 either the last week in September or the first week in October.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I live basically right in between Madison and Milwaukee. My UHF-only OTA antenna was pointed towards Milwaukee since I have had it for the last 2.5yrs. Would've pointed it towards Madison but would not have received FOX47, since its digital frequency is only 11. But a plan is in place to switch to a UHC freq. Their new antenna delivery is slated for the third week in September. They also hope to have the antenna mounted and be operational on Channel 49 either the last week in September or the first week in October.

Fast forward to 2012...

I have problems receiving good lasting signals for two of the four Madison channels and cannot believe nobody else has this situation. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.avsforum....ception-problem
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,839 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

It may have something to do with picking out the antenna before assessing the need (or even decided what it is that you want to do). Not a good plan for digital OTA as it is so very finicky.

I'm a little surprised that a Great Lakes area channel would go UHF as VHF was disproportionately popular in that area early on.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

spam firewall