Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Clark Howard fires DishNetwork.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

Unfortunately it is not a regular TV. It is an Electrohome 3 gun CRT projector and has various inputs connected through an RGBHV switcher. The whole process involves multiple remotes and manual operations to lower the screen, turn on the equipment and manually select the Sat Receiver input on the switcher. As a result, she doesn't watch that setup unless I am there. That is the reason for one of the other receivers that is for her TV in the family room. (1 remote and as straightforward as I can make it) Seems to me they can see that 3 receivers are connected and they should be able to see that without having to manually check them. It is a real pain to connect the last one as it is a 311 and only has phone line connection capability and no phone line anywhere near it. It doesn't have an RJ45 Internet jack. It they want to turn that one off on me I guess I can live without it as it is the least used in the house.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,408 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

I would have to say that the agreement terms are also a little wishy washy.

Perhaps if you had agreed to them and were not just here to find fault with them your opinion would be different.

As for your cop comparison then I would have to say if someone got pulled over for speeding and did or didnt get a ticket either way but got back in their car and the driver sped off again speeding right that second do you think the cop would give them a ticket to enforce their position?

Probably. In DISH's case they would call again when they noticed that phone lines were still not connected. As they did in Mr Howard's case. This was his second audit call.

#78 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

Too Funny! The Clark Howard thread gets Amazon promos on the banner for Clark Howard's books. ROTFL
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

Protected By... spam firewall...And...