Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ASIA on the 101

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   recorder

recorder

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

After reading thru this thread, I got curious to hear Asia.
I was a big Wetton fan from Crimson & UK daze.

It was not bad, but as with most of the 101 concerts, what bugs me the most is the "No Center Channel" phenomenon!

Am I the only one with this issue?
Does no one else experience this?
I've only seen 1 other thread mentioning this issue, and there was no resolution.
I've called support several times, and its always the old "we can't duplicate your problem" excuse.

From Radiohead, to The Wire, from TPB to OZ, no Center channel thru my Denon AVR.
D* is sending something, because my display shows 5.1 DD, but it sure isn't audio.That center channel is as dead as the Jethro Tull concert!
The only time it transmits an audio stream is on commercials, and C&W concerts.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jazzyjez

jazzyjez

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

After reading thru this thread, I got curious to hear Asia.
I was a big Wetton fan from Crimson & UK daze.

It was not bad, but as with most of the 101 concerts, what bugs me the most is the "No Center Channel" phenomenon!

Am I the only one with this issue?
Does no one else experience this?
I've only seen 1 other thread mentioning this issue, and there was no resolution.
I've called support several times, and its always the old "we can't duplicate your problem" excuse.

From Radiohead, to The Wire, from TPB to OZ, no Center channel thru my Denon AVR.
D* is sending something, because my display shows 5.1 DD, but it sure isn't audio.That center channel is as dead as the Jethro Tull concert!
The only time it transmits an audio stream is on commercials, and C&W concerts.

Finally got round to seeing this last night... and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with the lackluster performance. There's no doubt these are all excellent musicians, but let's say it was an "off night".

It also wasn't helped by the appalling audio: 'recorder' said there was no center, I checked and there are no surrounds or sub either. So we're just getting 2.0 audio even though the indicators (on my Yamaha receiver) show 5.1 (at 448kb/s). What concerns me though is, are we just getting the front channels from a 5.1 mix rather than a true 2.0 mix. A good stereo mix can sound great, but this doesn't, as if we're simply missing what was intended for the other 3.1 channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...