What I would like to do is this: 1) Get Free HD for Life, 2) Get a 722k DVR.
Here are my questions:
- Is signing up for HD 250 Free the same as Free HD for Life?
- What do I gain and what do I lose by signing up for HD 250 Free?
- Does doing so impact the 522?
- By adding a 722k will I be hit with a second $17.00 per month charge for Duo DVR?
- Should I sign up for the protection plan before calling Dish for the 722k?
- With the 922 out how much should I expect the 722k to be (I think it should be free)?
- Can I just drop the protection plan after the 722k is installed?
- Can I add on another EHD for the new 722k (currently have one on my 625) without an additional charge?
- Does signing up for Free HD for Life (whether online or on phone) negate my ability to acquire a 722k (hopefully for free)?
Additional information follows. I am currently on paperless statements with Auto Pay (just activated Auto Pay today and my new billing cycle has not started yet - and yes, I know that I missed the window without a 2 year commitment and possibly this requirement, unfortunately). Another 2 year commitment is not a big deal for me. Bills are always paid on time. I need an installer to come out for the 722k due to my intended target configuration. I also would like to drop the HD Platinum since we do not watch any of those 16 channels.
- The 522 is in Room A, my sons room, and is in single mode.
- The 625 is in Room B, family room, and is in dual mode, connected to my 73" HD DLP.
- TV2 of the 625 is in Room C, master bedroom, and is a 40" HD LCD.
Intended target configuration:
- No changes to the 522 configuration.
- Move 625 to Room C, master bedroom, connected to 40" HD LCD.
- TV2 of 625 to be 73" HD DLP in Room B, family room.
- Put 722k in Room B, family room, connected to 73" HD DLP.
- TV2 of 722k to be 40" HD LCD in Room C, master bedroom.
Currently I do not want a 922 since I seek the same reliable operations that I have had from my 625 for years (else my wife would kill me).
Finally: 1) Is there some particular order in which I should do all of this, and, 2) any other suggestions?
As always, thank you in advance for everyone's insight and time.