Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What the heck is up with sling-guide or remote access or whatever it's called?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keitheva

keitheva

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

When I try to access dish.sling.com - half the time I get "IE cannot display the web page", and the other half I get what looks something like the sling guide page but it's totally unformatted. This used to work fine. I am using IE8.

Tia.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

The Sling site is apparently down, I can't access my account either, from my iPhone or my hardwired desktop.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#3 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 890 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

When I try to access dish.sling.com - half the time I get "IE cannot display the web page", and the other half I get what looks something like the sling guide page but it's totally unformatted. This used to work fine. I am using IE8.

Tia.

There's defiantly something going on, I was able to connect by doing some manipulating on my end. I had to reset/unplug everything concerning the internet, aside from that I've found you have to multiple click on settings, like "Remote Access" on my account page to load the dish/sling page. Once in it works as before.......it seems to me the servers are searching, the slowness of finding my account to access my menu page and dish/sling page is weird. Dish denies any problems, but so many others have had trouble it makes me wonder. Over at dishsupport.com the story is the same. Glitches, problems etc., the last software load is circumspect for sure. I'm sure dish is aware at some level, Sling is going to be their flagship at some point so they sure as Hell will have to get it together soon, the question is how soon. "TV Everywhere" is TV no where at the moment :alterhase.....the extender is missing......best of luck.:icon_band

Edited by 356B, 06 August 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   keitheva

keitheva

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

Same thing if I try going in via My Account > Remote Access (once I finally get there).

I guess Dish can deny all they want, but I click the link on their web page and the link won't open. Sounds like their problem to me...

#5 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Same thing if I try going in via My Account > Remote Access (once I finally get there).

I guess Dish can deny all they want, but I click the link on their web page and the link won't open. Sounds like their problem to me...

You might try Bookmarking your home dish/sling page.....once you get there. I use multiple browsers and used my home address from Firefox, copied it to safari........:alterhase.... it opened right up......go figure, this gets stranger by the day.:icon_da:
Best of luck........:icon_band

#6 OFFLINE   pitflyer

pitflyer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

Slingbox is having some major problems it seems, so I imagine that's affecting Dish customers too.

#7 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

Looks like it is up now. Thought I would check to see if they made any changes. Looks the same, so its not like they updated anything.

#8 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

I wish I could directly connect to my 722 using the web browser to program the receiver, like I can for several other devices on my home LAN. This would make so much more sense than having to go through Dish's servers to do this.

Wilf

#9 OFFLINE   921tiger

921tiger

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

Same here: can't access my Sling account with the SlingPlayer on my PC's or my iPod Touch. But I have full functionality with my SlingCatcher.

Go figure. Maybe they're implementing a per-viewer Sling lease fee structure.

#10 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

I got in to Sling through Firefox today ?????? Safari would not load it, "can't find the server"?????? :dance07:
Once in it's clunky at first but smooths out eventually, what a pain and what an embarrassment for Sling and dish. :new_color This technology is obviously not ready for prime time.......:icon_da::icon_band

Edited by 356B, 07 August 2010 - 08:54 AM.
I'm a terrible proof reader..........

spam firewall