Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hubie01

Hubie01

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

My title explains it but has anyone ever have this problem? I'm in living room hr21 trying to watch something out of my bedroom hr24 and I get that message. Some shows will play and some will get that message. Any suggestions solutions? I also do not have internet access to my directv. Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Sometimes hitting List, Resume on the same show will work the second time.
Usually I have found the recordings on the server were corrupted when I get this error, however. If they all play fine on the server, you might want to check your Deca module on the Client and make sure all the connections are tight.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,929 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

My title explains it but has anyone ever have this problem? I'm in living room hr21 trying to watch something out of my bedroom hr24 and I get that message. Some shows will play and some will get that message. Any suggestions solutions? I also do not have internet access to my directv. Thanks

What happens if you try to play that same show on the HR24, does it play OK or do you get a keep or delete message right away?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   Hubie01

Hubie01

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

I just tried the bedroom hr24 and they will not play in there either. The screen will come on and its just a blank screen. Try to fast forward and nothing will happen. Is there any solutions that resolve this issue?

#5 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,929 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

I just tried the bedroom hr24 and they will not play in there either. The screen will come on and its just a blank screen. Try to fast forward and nothing will happen. Is there any solutions that resolve this issue?

Probably not, you can try a reboot, it might fix it and then again it might just delete the recording as part of the reboot.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

Run a system test on your HR24 and see if it gives you any errors.

Blank recordings can be caused by bad guide data (two reboots in an hour should force a guide data reload), low signal levels on one or more transponders, failing electronics in the system or the DVR itself.

Hard to diagnose.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#7 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Try to play something else it sounds like the show you are trying to watch didnt record properly

JACK,

#8 OFFLINE   Hubie01

Hubie01

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

This has happened with several shows. Wonder if its just a temp thing since I just got it Tuesday

#9 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,929 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Run a systems test and see if it passes them. Also check to see if the info screens say that you have two tuners enabled. Or if you just got this call DirecTV and ask for a service call since somethings not right.

#10 OFFLINE   24Flames

24Flames

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

I received the exact same error message about one week ago. I rebooted my HD DVR in question (HR 23) and all was back to normal. Try rebooting your bedroom HD DVR.

#11 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

This error appears under a number of conditions. In some cases a partially watched episode left for weeks will not resume instead give this error but it will restart and play fine.

If network connectivity was somehow lost between the client and server during streaming attempting to resume will produce this error.

I have seen this error when the client (also a DVR) spammed the network and flooded that rooms switch. It was also followed by notifications of the other DVRs "leaving the network".

IN the OP's case it would seem recording issues themselves may be causing this problem and both tuners on his serving DVR should be checked for adequate signal levels.

BUT that notwithstanding, there are times where I've seen D*'s local rebroadcasting have these issues, "black holes" in both audio and video, loss of time encoding to where the program just locks but a short rewind and a fast forward past works fine.

It really could just be a situation that existed during the recordings outside the residence and not the OP's equipment. But best to verify that first.

Don "lots of possibilities" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#12 OFFLINE   devaska1

devaska1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

Here is my two cents on the issue from my previous thread! Same issues.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=182163

#13 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

I am getting this error. It is only happening to recordings on a particular channel. Some times they will play after retrying. Resume will sometimes get it to play and others selecting start over. I have run system test all pass and have even rebooted the DVR's. Also reconnected the DECA's. I find it odd it is only failing on CBS shows. :confused:

Edit: I have 1 HR-24 and 2 HR-20's. The shows which are not playing are located on the HR-24. They will not play on either of the other DVR's.

Edited by markrubi, 05 October 2010 - 07:48 AM.

#14 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 675 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

This is almost a daily thing for me. Most times a RBR works and all is well, but on an occasion or two it still gives me the error. I called D* CSR & complained and they comped me the MRV fee for a couple months. I just want this thing to work as promised, then hopefully I'll catch a lot less wifey aggro.:rolleyes:
HR34-700(leased)
HR24-100 x 2(1 leased, 1 owned)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

#15 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:25 AM

Getting the same thing as well. Did a reset of all receivers and it was finally work fine again. Frustrating. My guess is the software is going to take some tweaking over the coming year to get the bugs worked out.
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#16 OFFLINE   Jennie5309

Jennie5309

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

I had no issues previousy, so it was not a set-up issue. I reset both the main DVR and the bedroom receiver and the problem was solved.

#17 OFFLINE   mark40511

mark40511

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLexington KY

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Wow! My Whole Home was installed a few months ago and it's been great. I'm not connected to the internet either. Tonight while watching in the bedroom a show that was recorded in the living room, it played, but it paused-started-paused-started. It's never done that. I've touched nothing & the installers were very professional. One installer was training another installer and he knew what he was doing & was very thorough in teaching the other one.

As soon as a recording stops, I'm going to check the connections to make sure they are snug on both the hr21's.

I do have SWM and signals are strong. I can't stand the thought of this not working correctly it's been fantastic!

I'm assuming it's normal display "please wait" for a few seconds when starting a DVR recording from another room as it has always done that, but always played fine.

#18 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

I am having a similar issue. I have three DVR's... Bedroom, office and living room. The office has the most recordings on it. From the living room and bedroom I can see a full playlist... Bedroom and living room can stream between each other just fine, as well as if your in the office selecting a recording on the bedroom and living room. However when your in the living room or bedroom and select a recording from the office dvr I get the packet error. Watching the recordings in the office work fine.. I have rebooted via red buttons all three DVR's. The receivers are connected via deca modules... Living room is an hr 24 with the cinema kit.

Thoughts?

#19 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,653 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

The first thing that comes to mind is where is the PI for the SWiM and is it like this on the left:

http://www.dbstalk.c...53&d=1285094774
A.K.A VOS

#20 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

The first thing that comes to mind is where is the PI for the SWiM and is it like this on the left:

Yup on the left... I think I have a green splitter to use... Why would this just start though? Nothing has changed... But I'm willing to try.

spam firewall