Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yup on the left... I think I have a green splitter to use... Why would this just start though? Nothing has changed... But I'm willing to try.

It's hard to say why it's changed, but it may have been marginal and finally just gotten slightly worse.
The PI has a DC block, which I posted about above and it doesn't always work well for the RF if it's too close to either the SWiM or a DECA.
Either a splitter or a longer coax should make a difference, if you can't simply relocate the PI farther away, at maybe another location.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

It's hard to say why it's changed, but it may have been marginal and finally just gotten slightly worse.
The PI has a DC block, which I posted about above and it doesn't always work well for the RF if it's too close to either the SWiM or a DECA.
Either a splitter or a longer coax should make a difference, if you can't simply relocate the PI farther away, at maybe another location.

Interesting... Anyways I just added the splitter per your picture... Took a few minutes for the network to come back but when it did I tried a recording on the dvr and it's still broken

#23 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Interesting... Anyways I just added the splitter per your picture... Took a few minutes for the network to come back but when it did I tried a recording on the dvr and it's still broken

Well this not nice.
Since you have a 24, you can run some tests of the DECA networking.

On the front panel of the 24, press the guide button and the right arrow [both] and when you get it working [may take a few tries] you'll see a menu with "coax" on the left. Select it and the first test will show the loss to each other DECA [node].
Then there is a Phy Mesh test that shows the mesh rates between all nodes.
It would help to post pictures of these results.

Should look like:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1319572165

A.K.A VOS

#24 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Have you guys ever heard of this occurring for 1 channel on 1 night? I have 4 recordings from ABC on Wed night that can not be played back from any other receiver in the house but are fine on the HR24 they were recorded on. Other shows from the HR24 can be viewed with no issues including other abc shows.

Oh and I have rebooted the HR24 but not twice in a row. Should I try that?
DirecTV customer since 1995

#25 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Have you guys ever heard of this occurring for 1 channel on 1 night? I have 4 recordings from ABC on Wed night that can not be played back from any other receiver in the house but are fine on the HR24 they were recorded on. Other shows from the HR24 can be viewed with no issues including other abc shows.

a "double reboot" is to flush the guide data, so I doubt this would make any difference.
I haven't found a recording that won't play through MRV. :shrug:
A.K.A VOS

#26 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Well this not nice.
Since you have a 24, you can run some tests of the DECA networking.

On the front panel of the 24, press the guide button and the right arrow [both] and when you get it working [may take a few tries] you'll see a menu with "coax" on the left. Select it and the first test will show the loss to each other DECA [node].
Then there is a Phy Mesh test that shows the mesh rates between all nodes.
It would help to post pictures of these results.

Should look like:

Here is what I got

IMG_8158_1.jpg

IMG_8159_1.jpg

IMG_8160_1.jpg

#27 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

On another note, how do you, if you can, change the friendly name?

#28 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

On another note, how do you, if you can, change the friendly name?

The friendly name is setup in the receiver's whole home menu, but this doesn't always show up on the DECA screen.

The tests don't look that bad [as in they're good "enough"].
A.K.A VOS

#29 OFFLINE   mark40511

mark40511

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLexington KY

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Same thing here. My Hr21 recorded "Fear Factor" one local NBC HD(2 episodes) a week apart in the living room. This buffering problem occurred with me trying to watch in on the HR21 in the bedroom, and it was both episodes. But this didn't happen with any of the other HD shows recorded.....then I rebooted both receivers & everything has been OK.......I wondered to myself why it was just that one channel, then I read your post & you had a similar problem.

#30 OFFLINE   bjamin82

bjamin82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

As an update everything is working now except for two shows on that DVR that won't stream but all the recordings are working. The two shows in question play fine on that receiver... Weird ... Might be time for a protection plan replacement of that box.

#31 OFFLINE   Joke

Joke

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

I am having a similar issue. I have three DVR's... Bedroom, office and living room. The office has the most recordings on it. From the living room and bedroom I can see a full playlist... Bedroom and living room can stream between each other just fine, as well as if your in the office selecting a recording on the bedroom and living room. However when your in the living room or bedroom and select a recording from the office dvr I get the packet error. Watching the recordings in the office work fine.. I have rebooted via red buttons all three DVR's. The receivers are connected via deca modules... Living room is an hr 24 with the cinema kit.

Thoughts?

Huh, this is almost exactly the same problem I just had. I have three HR-24s (Living room, bed room, and office). The bed room unit seems to be the problem -- it can play recordings from any of the three boxes, but the living room and office couldn't play recordings from the bed room (got the error message from the thread title). The living room and office could, however, play recordings from each other and themselves.

I did a reboot from the settings menu on the bed room unit, and that fixed it (for now).

The same problem happened 3 weeks ago, just before I was leaving town for Christmas. I think all I did to "fix" it that time was go to the bed room and watch a recording from the living room, and afterwards the living room was able to play bed room recordings. However, I was in a rush and might be misremembering -- I might've rebooted the bed room that time as well.

#32 OFFLINE   mark40511

mark40511

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLexington KY

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Huh, this is almost exactly the same problem I just had. I have three HR-24s (Living room, bed room, and office). The bed room unit seems to be the problem -- it can play recordings from any of the three boxes, but the living room and office couldn't play recordings from the bed room (got the error message from the thread title). The living room and office could, however, play recordings from each other and themselves.

I did a reboot from the settings menu on the bed room unit, and that fixed it (for now).

The same problem happened 3 weeks ago, just before I was leaving town for Christmas. I think all I did to "fix" it that time was go to the bed room and watch a recording from the living room, and afterwards the living room was able to play bed room recordings. However, I was in a rush and might be misremembering -- I might've rebooted the bed room that time as well.

I wish I had kept those 2 episodes of fear factor to see if they played in the living room on the HR21 they were recorded on. I'm suspecting they would have played fine.....Hopefully it was just a glitch and the reboot was all that was needed

#33 OFFLINE   mark40511

mark40511

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLexington KY

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I just realized something. My bedroom HR21 is recording 2 things at once. The HD receiver in the office was watching a DVR recording from the HR 21 in the bedroom WHILE those 2 shows were recording. Meanwhile, I'm in the living room on the HR21 and all of the bedroom recordings showing on the list were displaying the red circle with the white line in the middle beside each. So if 2 shows are recording and one is being watched from that DVR, it can't be accessed. I didn't know this. I thought something was wrong until I realized that.

#34 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

I just realized something. My bedroom HR21 is recording 2 things at once. The HD receiver in the office was watching a DVR recording from the HR 21 in the bedroom WHILE those 2 shows were recording. Meanwhile, I'm in the living room on the HR21 and all of the bedroom recordings showing on the list were displaying the red circle with the white line in the middle beside each. So if 2 shows are recording and one is being watched from that DVR, it can't be accessed. I didn't know this. I thought something was wrong until I realized that.

what a DVR is or isn't recording has nothing to do with this, but each DVR [other than the HR34] can only stream one recording to another receiver at a time.
A.K.A VOS

#35 OFFLINE   mark40511

mark40511

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLexington KY

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

A DVR can only stream one recording at a time? Hmmm

I thought we had streamed 2 recordings at a time before from the same DVR without an issue. Maybe not. I guess that's why I thought that it recording had something to do with it.

#36 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

A DVR can only stream one recording at a time? Hmmm

I thought we had streamed 2 recordings at a time before from the same DVR without an issue. Maybe not. I guess that's why I thought that it recording had something to do with it.

The HR34 can stream three, while all the others can only stream one.
A.K.A VOS

#37 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

I recently started having the same problem. I have three DVRs (2 HR20s and 1 HR21) all networked via Ethernet. Has worked fine with MRV since the feature was originally rolled out. Then, two shows on one of the DVRs couldn't be streamed to either of the other two DVRs. These shows could be viewed just fine on the DVR where they were recorded.

Now, a couple of weeks later, another 2 shows on the same DVR can not be streamed to either of the other DVRs, but also can be watched fine on the DVR where they were recorded. All the other shows on that DVR can be streamed just fine to both of the other DVRs.

I have rebooted all of the DVRs, but the problem remains.

#38 OFFLINE   jasonCbraatz

jasonCbraatz

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

i've been experiencing the playback failed issue, and what appears to happen is that the drive gets near full (or it thinks it's near full) and this is what's preventing the buffering to operate correctly. thus, while rebooting flushes a little bit, it's a short term fix. what i've found to correct the issue is to delete down (on the receiving receiver) to at least 15%+ free. after doing so, allow the box to do it's 'clean up,' garbage collection process -- which may take up to a few minutes or more to complete.

#39 OFFLINE   krazyrs

krazyrs

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

i had 1 of my hr24s doing it the first week i had installed my HSP system in, so i had a good 90% + of space on it

my fix was just unplugging all DVRs then the PI and letting it sit 2-3m and rebooting the entire system since RBR on the 1 receiver wasn't doing the trick
SWiM
HR24-500/HR24-500 - HDMI - Samsung 46" LCD TV
HR24-500 - HDMI - Dynex 32" LCD TV
HR24-500 - HDMI - Vizio 19" LED LCD TV
CCK - Charter - 30mbps down/ 4mbps up

#40 OFFLINE   xrism

xrism

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Its just a loose cable. The 10 inch cable that goes from your HD-DVR to the little adapter box that has the ethernet cable and is attached to the cable from the wall. That small cable is loose. Tighten the end that attaches to the small adapter box. The part with the rubber sleave should be tight and not twist at all. After you tighten, you will see the power and th network light stay a solid green. Its good to tighten the same on all boxes.

I was troubleshooting for hours, reboot, reset, manual IP programming. All it was was a loose cable. Goes to show that you have to do the basics before anything.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...