Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   xrism

xrism

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Its just a loose cable. The 10 inch cable that goes from your HD-DVR to the little adapter box that has the ethernet cable and is attached to the cable from the wall. That small cable is loose. Tighten the end that attaches to the small adapter box. The part with the rubber sleave should be tight and not twist at all. After you tighten, you will see the power and th network light stay a solid green. Its good to tighten the same on all boxes.

I was troubleshooting for hours, reboot, reset, manual IP programming. All it was was a loose cable. Goes to show that you have to do the basics before anything.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   bcrd500

bcrd500

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRembert, SC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Whole Home system was installed by Direct TV about two months ago and this is the first problem encountered. Got the audio packet not received when attempting to watch program recorded on another DVR. Program could be viewed on DVR that recorded it and after viewing a minute to ensure it was working, I returned to the Genie DVR that the no packet error occurred and was able to view the program.

Did not reset any of the DVR's so it was an easy fix. What I would like to know is what causes the problem?

#43 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Sometimes this happens and it is just a little glitch possibly in the programming, or maybe just a temporary network glitch.  It is likely if you just tried playing that same program again right away it would have worked.  It is when you have a lot of these problems that you need to start looking for the issue causing it (cabling or hardware most likely).

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...