Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FSN PPV Games in HD????

hr23-700

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:36 AM

Big 12 games that aren't nationally broadcasted are sometimes on FSN PPV. Nebraska first 2 games are on FSN PPV, and OU-Utah State is on PPV. They cost $39.95 as always, but on Nebraska's website it says: "For the first time Nebraska's pay-per-view contests will be available in high-definition." ... SO, Will Directv carry these FSN PPV HD games as a (Ex.) 785-1 or will they not carry them at all...? Anybody know? I want these in HD so bad, because last year Idaho State-Oklahoma game was unbearable in the garbage SD feed on my 42-inch Sony!! I just about stopped watching.... Who knows?

Link on Nebraska's Website:

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=204965644

#2 OFFLINE   CGYOKC

CGYOKC

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

As of now, the OU-Utah St. game is being produced only in SD.

#3 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

I would bet that DirecTV will be carrying the HD feed of the game. :D
Go Big Red!!!

#4 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

As of now, the OU-Utah St. game is being produced only in SD.

How do you know?

#5 OFFLINE   TribeFanInNE

TribeFanInNE

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

Big 12 games that aren't nationally broadcasted are sometimes on FSN PPV. Nebraska first 2 games are on FSN PPV, and OU-Utah State is on PPV. They cost $39.95 as always, but on Nebraska's website it says: "For the first time Nebraska's pay-per-view contests will be available in high-definition." ... SO, Will Directv carry these FSN PPV HD games as a (Ex.) 785-1 or will they not carry them at all...? Anybody know? I want these in HD so bad, because last year Idaho State-Oklahoma game was unbearable in the garbage SD feed on my 42-inch Sony!! I just about stopped watching.... Who knows?

Link on Nebraska's Website:

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=204965644

Yes, most of games will be in HD, at least the NE games that I know of. That's why the games cost $39.95 instead of the $29.95 like last year...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hr23-700

spam firewall