Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Installing Dish on a DTV equipped house
Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:17 AM
Anything from a new setup perspective I should be aware of? (receivers to stay away from, etc)
Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:33 AM
1. Is the location suitable (does it have a clear view of the necessary satellites).
2. Is the mast the correct size (1-5/8" versus the new 2" mast).
Unless you make arrangements, usually they will install the new dish and leave the old dish where it is. In any case, the installer will not remove anything that is attached directly to a roof.
Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:45 PM
Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:52 PM