Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2010 NFL Discussion

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#226 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,366 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Wasn't it just last year that Rothlisberger had a head injury in a game... and then sat out 2 weeks due to a concussion... and players were calling him out for not "playing through it"? Even with all the heightened sensitivity to head injuries in recent years... he was questioned for not playing.

True. Of course this year, the rules for concussions are very strict and enforced.

I'm in a weird position here of defending a QB that I don't really like... but I just don't think it is fair at all to question someone who doesn't play after an injury. Could he play? Maybe. Should he play? Maybe not. There's no real way to know.

He knows - and he ain't sayin' :D

I think the better reason to criticize, judge, and bench Cutler is for his on-field play... I have a LOT more questions about his capability as a QB when he is healthy than I do of whether or not he was hurt too badly to continue this past weekend.

Well...there's certainly plenty of material along those lines to ponder. ;):lol:

While time heals all wounds...I suspect he has a long-lasting stain on how he is viewed by some of his team-mates, his peers, and many fans - whether or not its founded on perception or fact.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#227 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Jeff Fisher has coached his last game with the Titans. Story here: http://sportsillustr...=siextra_012811

#228 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,528 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Titans asked permission to talk to GIANTS Def. Cordinator Perry Fewell

JACK,

#229 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA