Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2010 NFL Discussion

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,798 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Yea, but that was a great game right up to the 10 seconds left mark!

The media keeps talking about how great the Bears defense is...yet they have been crushed several times this year...whereas the Packers' losses have been only by a total of 20 points all season.

The Green Bay defense is also playing 5 new players that weren't even starting at the bye week....yet....today (again), the Pack defense crushed the Bears facade of an offense....3 points...6 sacks and 2 interceptions. Jay Cutler remains the gutless wonder.

Posted Image
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,691 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm neither a Cutler fan nor a hater... but Chicago doesn't have a very good offensive line... so not many QBs would be having a good year behind that.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#203 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

The NFL playoffs just got turned on its head. A 7/9 beating the 11/5 defending SB champs. OUCH.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#204 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

The NFL playoffs just got turned on its head. A 7/9 beating the 11/5 defending SB champs. OUCH.

It was great seeing the Saints lose. Their bandwagon just fell over.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#205 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,691 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

I'm rooting for Seattle just to screw with the NFL for allowing such a thing to happen.

I can't argue that the 7-9 Seahawks should be in, much less hosting a game... and winning doesn't justify it. Seattle would have to win the Superbowl to finish above .500 at 11-9!

Think about that for a minute... Seattle could get to and lose the Superbowl and be 10-10! That's insane.

Two 10-6 teams in the NFC didn't get in...

Heck, I'd make a case for the Raiders at 8-8 who at least went 6-0 inside their own division... before I'd make a case for Seattle.

As an example... I'm an ACC fan... but some years ago UNC got in with a 16-13 record to the NCAA tourney... and they made it to the final four before losing there! BUT... I still thought they didn't earn their way into the playoffs that year.

How many other teams with that record might have done the same thing?

And back to the NFL... The Rams (also finished at 7-9) could have been 8-8 and might have won that game today... The 10-6 Tampa Bay team that didn't make the playoffs just beat the Saints last weekend so we know they could have won if in the same scenario.

So... I'm rooting for Atlanta first... but if they can't win, I'm rooting for Seattle just to screw with things!

#206 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

I also am just thrilled with the American patriots at NBC. You see the US flag being brought on the field, go to commercial. :nono2:
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#207 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 710 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Who dat? Seattle dat! :lol:

But both games tonight were great games :D

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#208 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,691 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:36 AM

I also am just thrilled with the American patriots at NBC. You see the US flag being brought on the field, go to commercial. :nono2:

Not sure what you're getting at here... NBC is unamerican for taking a commercial break? Commercials are a big part of capitalism which is arguably VERY American.

#209 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,238 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Saint and Colts last years Superbowl participants are out. Wow both geting knocked out by the 6th seed

JACK,

#210 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

Saint and Colts last years Superbowl participants are out. Wow both geting knocked out by the 6th seed

Seattle is the 4th seed, despite their record.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#211 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

Not sure what you're getting at here... NBC is unamerican for taking a commercial break? Commercials are a big part of capitalism which is arguably VERY American.

Yes I guess commercials are more important than showing the playing of the National Anthem. I guess this shows our priorities. Capitalism would not exist without the freedoms of this great Republic and the flag that represents it. Our freedoms are slowly being taken away and Capitalism is a dirty word for many. Our children are not being tough patriotism and the MSM is not going out of its way to promote it. I hope you enjoy your new internet ID. BRING ON THE COMMERCIALS.

#212 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Patriotism is in my heart. I do not feel the need to sing every patriotic song at every public occasion. Having said that, yes, I sing it when they play it at the games I attend but those are few and far between. I watch far more games on TV that I will EVER see. If I ever need to be reminded of what this country is all about, I just look at my badge. I'm employed by the Air Force. My brother is ex-Navy as is my father. My mom is ex-Marine. My uncle was ex-Air Force and my grandfather ex-Army. My stepsons just ended their service in the Navy and Army. My other brother had his undiagnosed hole in his heart discovered when he tried to enlist in the Air Force (the physical caught it).

If you want to see a network play the National Anthem, I suggest you watch a NASCAR race. It seems to me that they never miss the Anthem - heck they even broadcast the invocation. When was the last time you saw, *on TV*, a sporting event led by a prayer?

#213 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

Yes I guess commercials are more important than showing the playing of the National Anthem. I guess this shows our priorities. Capitalism would not exist without the freedoms of this great Republic and the flag that represents it. Our freedoms are slowly being taken away and Capitalism is a dirty word for many. Our children are not being tough patriotism and the MSM is not going out of its way to promote it. I hope you enjoy your new internet ID. BRING ON THE COMMERCIALS.

Your wasting your time my friend. They don't get it and never will.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#214 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,691 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

They almost never show the playing of the national anthem at any sporting event on TV. For that matter, even if they do... in order to do that, the camera crew (at minimum) has to not technically be honoring the flag and country in order to broadcast the event... which is a lose-lose scenario for someone like yourself who will chastise them for not showing it on TV.

Furthermore... I'm not sure why the national anthem has become tied into sports anyway. Why do they not play the national anthem before any TV show whether it be sports or not? How come they don't play the national anthem on Broadway or before any live theater or musical performance?

It's really a semi-arbitrary thing to associate the national anthem with sports... except if you're talking about a game played by one of the Armed-forces academies (like say the Army-Navy game)...

I don't find it offensive to cut to commercial at all... One could argue that the true patriot who cares that much should be at the game OR should simply play the anthem in his own home and stand with hand over heart during that commercial break anyway. Nobody is stopping you from flying your own flag and playing the anthem and honoring the country before watching the game.

So I'm not sure what "freedom" was violated by the commercial.

#215 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

Furthermore... I'm not sure why the national anthem has become tied into sports anyway.

I believe its tied to the Olympics, the original sporting event. In any case, only NASCAR plays the national anthem in toto, before every one of their televised events.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#216 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,798 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

BREAKING NEWS: More Dead Birds Found in US.

In another strange twist of fate, it was reported that The CDC sent a team to Philadelphia as 53 DEAD EAGLES turned up on Lincoln Field last week.

Speculation is the dead birds were subjected to repeated blunt force trauma.

The CDC had also issued a warning this week to Georgia, as they feared a similar outbreak potentially loomed for FALCONS in the area yesterday. Now we know what happened there...

As a precaution...the CDC has issued another warning last night to Washington State regarding potential hazardous cases for SEAHAWKS.

Based on extensive testing, the CDC has learned the very same symptoms can be found in BEARS, and are terminal for any outside activities in which they may partake.

The source has just been located:

Posted Image
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#217 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Bears - Steelers my picks

JACK,

#218 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,691 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

I can't even begin to pick at this point.

Green Bay has looked good, while Chicago has been up and down all season.. but I like that Chicago played their last game of the season with starters... kind of like how the Giants did a few years ago, and also like the Giants came up short BUT get a rematch with that same opponent.

The Jets already beat the Steelers this year... but Sanchez has been up and down.

At this point, I'm basically not surprised whoever wins.

I will say, though... that the Superbowl will be distinctly different depending on the matchup.

I think Jets v Packers would be good... also Jets v Bears or Steelers v Packers... but Steelers v Bears? I think that would be a Steelers romp for some reason.

#219 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Bears Packers enjoy the game everyone

JACK,

#220 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Did anyone else notice that the center speaker output on FOX's NFL championship game was way too low, the two rear speakers kept drowning out Aikman and what's-his-name.

So far the CBS center volume is OK.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...