Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about Installs in the Albany, NY Area

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Can anyone that has had DirecTV installed recently tell me how good the chances of receiving H®24 units are? I ordered the whole home dvr option also which I heard increases the chances. I also ordered the ICK. Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

57.842% chance.

If they have it on the truck you will get it. If they don't, then you get whatever they have.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

That makes sense... on the order notes the CSR put a note down saying that we want the 24s. All well, we can only hope.

#4 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

Getting the whole home at the same time, you "should" get the 24s, but if they don't have them then can't give them to you. Just ask nicely if they have the 24s when they roll up, that way they grab it when they take stuff inside, but if they don't even have them with them there isn't much to do about it.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...