Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems Navigating today (what is OpenX Market?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

So, several times today, when I navigate into a forum or thread, I am having a hard time navigating out. Clicking back does nothing, due to some hung up advertisement or something, called Open X Market.

If I click the handle near the back button, I can see a couple of lines that say Open X Market and usually one that is an address - bid.openx.net....... If I go back to teh last DBSTalk address using the handle, all works fine, but just clicking back is not working.

Doing some looking. Openx.org is an ad serving company and Market is a product of theirs that allows multiple banners to be run, so I am assuming this is part of the ad package here at DBSTalk and not something nefarious.

This is using IE 8 on Windows 7.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi...

Yes, added in OpenX Market (and ad network) to see if it can help with the ad sales. I have no issue with FireFox and going back. Might be a caching thing with IE.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...