Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HDMI Cable Specs???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

I am getting confused between Directv and Sony. The problem is that my HR20 DVR player and my Sony Bravia flat screen keeps losing audio and sometime a purple screen.

Both companies are pointing to each other and I just cannot get a positive lead on what maybe causing the problem. Are these problems being caused by the vendors themselves or is it the cable? If it is the cable what should I look for on buying a new cable?
I have heard there are specs like 1c and others, but which one would be the correct one?

Thank you for reading this.

If you have another device that you can,
use the same cable,
connect it in the same input on your TV,
and the problem goes away. The problem should then point to your DirecTV receiver. Of course if you have the same problem then it would point to your TV.

I personally feel that you should use a cable that is rated as "High Speed".

Good luck.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall