Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free HD...just like DISH

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   byrd

byrd

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Ok. That's a little more clearer. What info about the receivers did you give them? If they didn't take the receiver serial/card numbers than more than likely they probably just made notes on the account that you already had receivers you bought and the installer wouldn't need to bring any. If you create an account online at Directv.com it can give you information about the upcoming install and whether or not the receivers are active or not. You'll need the account number they provided you and a valid email address.

I gave them the receiver serial/card numbers. Both units are indeed shown on my account in the My Equipment section. The installation is shown as "Unscheduled" in my Pending Orders. I've been clicking the "Schedule Installation" button all day with no luck. I guess I have to wait for their call. :( It's gonna be a long 72 hours. I've had a 52" HDTV for 2 years. Now that I've finally signed up for HD service, my excitement isn't leaving much room for patience. ;)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   byrd

byrd

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

So I called D* back last night to schedule my apt. Looks like I'll have to wait for over a month!! Sept 27th is the best they could do. So much for a bad economy. :rolleyes: Must be a lot of folks out there ordering D*...

Fortunately, they were great about working the credits for me. They verified the free 24mo of free HD and gave me an additional credit for one month since it won't be installed until the end of Sept. They also gave a $5 credit each for the two receivers that they activated early, as well as a credit for one month of the HD Extra Pack. Finally, I asked about the free month of Show time. They said that since I can still watch that in SD, they couldn't give a credit, but they did add on 3 months of Starz, which will last for a couple months after the HD is installed.

I'd love it to be installed early, but all in all, I'm still content.

#28 OFFLINE   JimV

JimV

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

i just find it funny that they dont advertise a thing about it but as soon as they give it to you they send you an email exclaiming how great it is you got the deal and then send a nice glossy marketing postcard saying the same thing.

if they bothered to print up the post free HD discount cards, then they knew this was going to be avialable to existing customers and somehow they are touting it to us as this great deal, but then they probably shouldve at least put something up about the offering ahead of time, or in our invoice or in my 'special deals just for me' monthly emails...
Samsung 46" LCDTV - LN46A550 - HR23-100 / DECA2 / CCK
Onkyo Receiver TX-SR608
Polk Audio 5.1 Speakers
- - - - - -
Olevia 323v and HR21-
- - - -
Old Receivers: R15-100, R15-500, HR21-0700, H20
Customer since 2001

Protected By... spam firewall...And...