Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV Insiders invite?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Did a quick search and did not see anything. Got an email inviting to sign up with DirecTV as an "insider" so they can get cutomer input, etc.

Has this been going on for a long time? Anyone try it to see if it is more than fluf?
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,458 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

Did a quick search and did not see anything. Got an email inviting to sign up with DirecTV as an "insider" so they can get cutomer input, etc.

Has this been going on for a long time? Anyone try it to see if it is more than fluf?

It's been around for a while. I am not in the club however.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=163475

#3 OFFLINE   john18

john18

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 978 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

My invitation must have also been lost in the mail. I guess it sucks to be me.

#4 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,640 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

It has been going on for around one year and I've found it to be somewhat unrewarding in that it's really looking for affirmation on their marketing efforts. BUT THAT MAY BE JUST ME!

That's not to say that there hasn't been some wish list type threads from time to time but it is mainly feedback on courses of action they have already chosen.

Now color my response by realizing I used to be a "marketeer" and am now a DBA/Application Engineer by chosen trade. So I'm sour on the marketing thing and big on the technical focusing. You might find this great...

Essentially you will learn about some of the marketing pushes in the wings, get a feel for where the ship is being steered, and learn about some of the D* offerings (like the 101) in a level of detail you likely wouldn't otherwise.

Don "You've Nothing to lose and perhaps some insight to gain" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#5 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

After-the-fact fluff.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#6 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

I appreciate everyone's reply and agree in sentiment with the general feelings expressed. Nothing going on here - marketing, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. Let this thread evaporate like so much of that oil in the gulf..
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#7 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,814 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

If you do chose to join in, you also have the option of quitting at some future time. Should you quit, you won't be invited back in again.

Without going into details, I was a member but have since left. Please do not interpret that as a suggestion to not join, there is no downside that I am aware of to joining.

#8 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,140 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

i am a member and can affirm they want input on their ad campaigns. i know people who were members who were truthful to dtv and kicked out of the group. don't lose any sleep because you aren't a member.

#9 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

i am a member and can affirm they want input on their ad campaigns. i know people who were members who were truthful to dtv and kicked out of the group. don't lose any sleep because you aren't a member.

I'd bet there may have been something else that happened than being "truthful". I haven't always been the most supportive of their ideas/plans.
A.K.A VOS

#10 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

I'm still an "outsider" myself, and haven't been invited in. :)

I'm OK with that.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#11 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

I'm still an "outsider" myself, and haven't been invited in. :)

I'm OK with that.

You'll probably know more "inside stuff" here than there and you don't need to take all the marketing polls either. ;)
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall