Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cardinals @ Reds Not Blacked Out On ESPN

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

I Cannot Believe it. I live in Reds Territory. The Game tonight on ESPN is NOT....I repeat NOT Blacked Out For Me On ESPN. I am ALWAYS Blacked Out whenever there is a Reds Game On ESPN. Did They Forget To Just Black It Out For Folks In Reds Territory? I am in total shock that I can choose to watch the game on ESPN or FSN Ohio. I'm watching it on ESPN right now. Is anyone else In Cincinnati territory NOT blacked out and getting the game on ESPN?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,802 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

I think it's because Monday's aren't ESPN exclusive nights.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

I'm in both Reds and Cardinals territory (Near Memphis, TN) and the game is not blacked out for me on ESPN either.

#4 OFFLINE   Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

Monday Night Baseball on ESPN is unique: It does not have blackout restrictions, nor is it ESPN-exclusive like Sunday Night Baseball; thus everyone gets the choice to watch the game on the local networks or on ESPN.

(Note: ESPN can only air any given team three times a year on Monday Night Baseball before they must blackout that team's market for any future Monday Night telecasts beyond those three. Generally, ESPN tries to avoid this by varying the teams they show on Monday night, but they have gone over the limit of three in the past for popular teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, forcing them to use blackouts in those markets late in the season.)

#5 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

In Indy, I've been blacked out of ESPN's Reds/Cubs/White Sox games on many occasions. I agree with the original poster that not being blacked out of last night's game (I didn't check; I watched it on FSN) would have been unusual.

spam firewall