Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Local channels list

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Amy Nichols

Amy Nichols

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

Hi all,
Due to my research on local channels of U.S, I have been searching for a list of local channels provided by Dish Network. It is really hard to find what local channels are available under which DMA. ZIP codes help to find local list of particular area but finding local channels with ZIP codes is a bit monotonous job. Can anyone suggest me any site or links where I can get the local channels of Dish Network of each DMA in U.S.
Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

I have lists of all locals by market on my website ... start here for markets:
http://jameslong.name/markets/

The lists contain channels available as well as those known to be testing.
If you know your DMA my lists will help you see what channels are available and from which satellites.

#3 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

I have lists of all locals by market on my website ... start here for markets:

The lists contain channels available as well as those known to be testing.
If you know your DMA my lists will help you see what channels are available and from which satellites.

I have a minor correction or two for you.

It's not "Biloxi/Golfport." It's "Biloxi/Gulfport."

Guide data for 25-02 is not currently being provided.

Guide data for 25-01 is wrong. They have some other network station's guide there. (Guide data for 25-00 is correct).

I don't suppose you have an e-mail address for anyone at Dish that would actually try to fix this?

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

I have a minor correction or two for you.

It's not "Biloxi/Golfport." It's "Biloxi/Gulfport."

Guide data for 25-02 is not currently being provided.

Guide data for 25-01 is wrong. They have some other network station's guide there. (Guide data for 25-00 is correct).

I don't suppose you have an e-mail address for anyone at Dish that would actually try to fix this?

Thanks for the spelling correction.

The data streams are there for 25-01 and 25-02. I wonder if DISH has the wrong station "TSID" (transport stream ID) for the station loaded? Can you identify the guide data (look for local news or other unique programming)?

#5 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

Yes, I did figure out which station it was, I think it was one from New Orleans. I figured it out from the info for the local news. I'll look it back up tonight when I get home and then post it.

#6 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

Okay, I found it. It's not New Orleans. It's much further away.

KTUU, Channel 2, NBC, Alaska. It's their listings that are being substituted for WXXV, Channel 25, FOX, Gulfport Mississippi.

It's very annoying because it makes it where I can only use manual timers for anything on WXXV, if I want to record in HD from the OTA tuners.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Joe

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

Okay, I found it. It's not New Orleans. It's much further away.

KTUU, Channel 2, NBC, Alaska. It's their listings that are being substituted for WXXV, Channel 25, FOX, Gulfport Mississippi.

It's very annoying because it makes it where I can only use manual timers for anything on WXXV, if I want to record in HD from the OTA tuners.

DISH uses the "transport stream ID" that the station transmits to identify the station. WXXV should be using the "TSID" of 0x06A7 ... KTUU uses "TSID" 0x0003. I wonder if your local station is transmitting the wrong TSID?

It would be nice to hear from someone else in your market to see if everyone is getting the wrong OTA match or if it can be narrowed to a receiver type.

#8 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

DISH uses the "transport stream ID" that the station transmits to identify the station. WXXV should be using the "TSID" of 0x06A7 ... KTUU uses "TSID" 0x0003. I wonder if your local station is transmitting the wrong TSID?

It would be nice to hear from someone else in your market to see if everyone is getting the wrong OTA match or if it can be narrowed to a receiver type.

Always wondered how that worked, ever since some of the locals here in San Diego Swapped channels as Fox traded with the CW, as Fox was a Low VHF channel before the Digital area.

#9 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

My receivers are VIP722K's.

WXXV was a little goofy in the past. When they first went digital, they changed between displaying the channel number as 25 or as 48 (they always broadcast on UHF 48, but their original analog number was 25). However, for the last year or two they have been consistently broadcasting their channel ID as 25. I can't speak to the TSID that they are using.

I did try to contact WXXV about this a while back, but I had no better luck with them than I did with Dish.

#10 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

WXXV is broadcasting a TSID of 0x0003. I'm going to see if I can talk their engineer (Ray Luke) into fixing it.

#11 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

WXXV is broadcasting a TSID of 0x0003. I'm going to see if I can talk their engineer (Ray Luke) into fixing it.

How did you figure out what TSID the Dish OTA tuner is seeing? :confused:
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#12 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

How did you figure out what TSID the Dish OTA tuner is seeing? :confused:

I didn't verify what TSID my VIP722K's are seeing (other than seeing that they are putting up the listings for KTUU), but I did find out what TSID WXXV is broadcasting by doing some research. It turns out that this (incorrect TSID) is causing trouble for other boxes in the area, and some of them do report the TSID received.

#13 OFFLINE   joegr

joegr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

Okay, problem solved.
I spoke to the station engineer, and he said that the TSID was correct everywhere except for one piece of equipment (apparently the one that counted). He said that equipment's default was 0x0003. Anyway, he fixed it. I deleted and re-added local WXXV (again), and now I have the correct listings for the two channels.

#14 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

Glad he got it fixed and that we could help.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...