Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Audio Dropouts, not using 5.1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   patg25

patg25

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

My apologies if this has been answered before. I did not read all of the Audio Dropout sticky since I do not have 5.1 enabled.

I had D* installed last month; got 3 HR24s and a couple of HD receivers. Last night I watched the season finale of Loosing it with Jilian on the local NBC station on my main HR24. I think it was recorded last week. Every 5 seconds or so the audio cut out. I had only one instance where the Video scrambled for 1 second or so, otherwise it was fine. I seem to have high signal strength on the transponders. Just the day before I watched the last 2 Friday Night Lights, also on NBC, without any problems.

Again, the DVR is NOT connected to a Receiver and I do NOT have 5.1 enabled. But is my problem related to the general Audio problem or was this a random occurrence? I had to push my wife pretty hard to move away from Comcast and get D*. Last night she ask me about 50 times why the receiver is dropping the Audio.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,392 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

My apologies if this has been answered before. I did not read all of the Audio Dropout sticky since I do not have 5.1 enabled.

I had D* installed last month; got 3 HR24s and a couple of HD receivers. Last night I watched the season finale of Loosing it with Jilian on the local NBC station on my main HR24. I think it was recorded last week. Every 5 seconds or so the audio cut out. I had only one instance where the Video scrambled for 1 second or so, otherwise it was fine. I seem to have high signal strength on the transponders. Just the day before I watched the last 2 Friday Night Lights, also on NBC, without any problems.

Again, the DVR is NOT connected to a Receiver and I do NOT have 5.1 enabled. But is my problem related to the general Audio problem or was this a random occurrence? I had to push my wife pretty hard to move away from Comcast and get D*. Last night she ask me about 50 times why the receiver is dropping the Audio.

Thanks.

This normally is a sign of a problem between the local broadcaster and the DirecTV uplink. My local NBC can really suck sometimes, even when I go straight to their OTA signal.
You might try emailing them about it. I've gotten some response from mine.
Even if it's on the DirecTV end, they [the station] have a better connection to DirecTV than a customer does by calling DirecTV.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 320 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

There are a lot of posts concerning audio problems, do a search and you will find them.
Personally I believe it is coming fromt he station, and not DTv.

spam firewall