Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA issue with 622

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dalucca

dalucca

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

I have a 722 and a 622 and have encountered some OTA issues with the 622. I live near Sacramento and am getting good signal strength in regards to an OTA signal. I am able to view all the local OTA stations with my 722, but I am unable to view the PBS and ABC feed on the 622. I have deleted and rescanned multiple times and I cannot view those particular stations. All other stations on the 622 have the same signal strength as the 722 and I am really puzzled as to why this is occurring.

Does the 622 process the signal different than the 722? Any advice or resolution?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Are both receivers connected to the same antenna? IF not, are they in different rooms?

There might be some differences in the tuners in the receivers... but without knowing more, I'd first suspect that you have different rooms and are connected to different antennas.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   dalucca

dalucca

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

They are all connected to the same antenna and going through the same module. It seems to point to different tuners as you mention. I also am boosting the reception on the line and all other channels are measuring between 88-100.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,604 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

I was wondering if you were doing something like that OR like what I currently do, which is have a unique indoor antenna at each receiver. IF I ever put up a rooftop antenna, I'd be in your boat with a single feed boosted and split to all my receivers.

Back to you... I wouldn't swear to it, but I seem to remember discussion that the 722 might have a more recent revision OTA tuner built-in to it. I can't honestly say that I see a performance difference in my 622 vs my 722, though.

It is also theoretically possible you could be seeing signs of OTA tuner failure. In another forum, a user was having a problem with his 922 OTA tuner module (in the 722K and 922 receivers the OTA module is an optional add-on)... and it manifested as him not receiving all of his channels... he swapped tuner modules for a new one and all was well.

IF it is convenient, you could try swapping locations with your two receivers and see if the problem stays with the receiver OR with the outlet... in case there is a problem with the wiring at the 622.

IF the problem stays with the receiver, then you might want to call Dish and see about having the receiver swapped out.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...