Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Which "department" to get best deal when upgrading my entire system and programming?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,336 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

If I may, quick question on the HD receiver (no DVR). If I just add the a HD receiver to the new room and have MRV setup then I should be just fine for the time being. My question is, is there more than one HD receiver I could get shipped or is it just one that they carry? If it's just one, what is the model called? Thanks guys.

There's H20 through H24, but I think the H20 is discontinued. Much like the HRs, you get whatever they have.;)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Ah, same horse of a different color. THanks :)

#53 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,223 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

If I may, quick question on the HD receiver (no DVR). If I just add the a HD receiver to the new room and have MRV setup then I should be just fine for the time being. My question is, is there more than one HD receiver I could get shipped or is it just one that they carry? If it's just one, what is the model called? Thanks guys.

There are 3 possibilities if you make sure you state you're using MRV. You could get an H21, H23 or H24. If you don't make sure they know you have MRV you could get an H20 which has no network capabilities.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#54 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,223 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

There's H20 through H24, but I think the H20 is discontinued. Much like the HRs, you get whatever they have.;)

Just to clarify... H20's are still being sent out, and there is no H22.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#55 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

There are 3 possibilities if you make sure you state you're using MRV. You could get an H21, H23 or H24. If you don't make sure they know you have MRV you could get an H20 which has no network capabilities.

Since I would be calling to get MRV at the same time I would assume they would know the correct box to send correct?

#56 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,223 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Since I would be calling to get MRV at the same time I would assume they would know the correct box to send correct?

They should...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...