Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All I can say is "WOW"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kd3yt1

kd3yt1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

Last July 15th, I canceled my DTV service due to the fact I was so tired of the slowness of my HR21-100. I went back to the local cable co. (Atlantic Broadband) and from the first day realized I had made a big mistake. Wife was even sorry we had moved back to cable. Thought, well I will wait several months and go back to DTV. Last Thursday, I received a call from DTV's "WinBack" department and signed back up for DTV. Through our discussion, I added MRV to my installation and the CSR put a note on my order that I wanted a HR24. When the installer arrived yesterday, he did not have it on his order for MRV and no note on the HR24. He had a HR22 with him. I told him what the CSR had told me and that I really wanted the HR24. He at first said that I could get one but he would have to reschedule. Then he said wait a minute, let me make a call. He called his warehouse and they had them. He said "I'll be back in 45 minutes". When he pulled in, he had an HR24-500 and a H24-200 for me. Hooked everything up and set me up with MRV. When he left, I wanted to give him a tip for doing this for me, but even though i insisted he flat refused. Sending a letter to DTV letting them know what a professional installer this guy is!

Needless to say, All I can say is WOW!!! Can not believe how fast this HR24 is. I just zip right through the guide and the remote responses are great!
My Setup
Slimline Dish
Living Room:
HR24-500
Sony KDF-46E2000 LCD TV
Basement:
H24-200
Vizio VO320E LCD TV

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Awesome! Welcome back!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#3 ONLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

Welcome back!

If any rebates have been offered to you through the win back deal don't forget to fill them out. You can fill them out online.

those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#4 OFFLINE   guffy1

guffy1

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Is an HR24 required for MRV? If not, will an HR21 do MRV?

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

All HR2x series receivers will do MRV, but the HR24s are faster in general.
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   dpfaunts

dpfaunts

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

All HR2X DVRs will do MRV, the HR24 has the device built in (DECA) the older HR2X's need the external DECA which are supplied and installed if you order from DirecTv.
Darryle

HR24-100 HDMI Samsung 85687W
HR22-100 Component Samsung HLN4365W
HR21-700 HDMI Vizio SV370XVT
HR20-100 SVID Panasonic CRT
SLIMLINE (SL3) SWM
DirecTV 8/98

#7 OFFLINE   guffy1

guffy1

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

All HR2x series receivers will do MRV, but the HR24s are faster in general.

Bummer, was hoping maybe signing up for MRV was a way to get an HR24...lol...I dont need MRV at all, but I would have paid $3 a month for it if it got me an HR24. Oh well, still stuck with the HR21...Ugghhhh

#8 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Last July 15th, I canceled my DTV service due to the fact I was so tired of the slowness of my HR21-100. I went back to the local cable co. (Atlantic Broadband) and from the first day realized I had made a big mistake. Wife was even sorry we had moved back to cable. Thought, well I will wait several months and go back to DTV. Last Thursday, I received a call from DTV's "WinBack" department and signed back up for DTV. Through our discussion, I added MRV to my installation and the CSR put a note on my order that I wanted a HR24. When the installer arrived yesterday, he did not have it on his order for MRV and no note on the HR24. He had a HR22 with him. I told him what the CSR had told me and that I really wanted the HR24. He at first said that I could get one but he would have to reschedule. Then he said wait a minute, let me make a call. He called his warehouse and they had them. He said "I'll be back in 45 minutes". When he pulled in, he had an HR24-500 and a H24-200 for me. Hooked everything up and set me up with MRV. When he left, I wanted to give him a tip for doing this for me, but even though i insisted he flat refused. Sending a letter to DTV letting them know what a professional installer this guy is!

Needless to say, All I can say is WOW!!! Can not believe how fast this HR24 is. I just zip right through the guide and the remote responses are great!

Great install!

:welcome_s back.

#9 ONLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,431 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

Good for you Im glad it worked out

JACK,

#10 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

I must have a clunker mine is not fast until I hit the active button and then exit I thought the HR20 700 was a lot faster

#11 OFFLINE   skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

I must have a clunker mine is not fast until I hit the active button and then exit I thought the HR20 700 was a lot faster

Try resetting it.

I don't think I could ever go back to cable now, even if my local cable company has more HD channels and works during strong storms, I still prefer DirecTV because the receivers are much better and in my opinion, the HD picture quality is better, even if the SD isn't.

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:17 AM

Try resetting it.

I don't think I could ever go back to cable now, even if my local cable company has more HD channels and works during strong storms, I still prefer DirecTV because the receivers are much better and in my opinion, the HD picture quality is better, even if the SD isn't.

I have done the reset thing and agree no cable allowed in this house been with D* 14 years

#13 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,436 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

I have done the reset thing and agree no cable allowed in this house been with D* 14 years

I use my 24-500 and my 20-700s every day and I wouldn't call the 24 "wickedly fast" compared to the 20-700s. Just a tad, but a helluva step up from the 21 series when it comes to speed. As are the 20-700s.

Much nicer looking than the 20-700s, tho. If you're having trouble with speed when it comes to the guide or inputting channel numbers and things like that, you've got a problem that I (and most everybody that has one) don't see.

Rich

#14 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

I use my 24-500 and my 20-700s every day and I wouldn't call the 24 "wickedly fast" compared to the 20-700s. Just a tad, but a helluva step up from the 21 series when it comes to speed. As are the 20-700s.

Much nicer looking than the 20-700s, tho. If you're having trouble with speed when it comes to the guide or inputting channel numbers and things like that, you've got a problem that I (and most everybody that has one) don't see.

Rich

Those are my problems very slow in response to the remote. I have hit the active button and then exit and it speeds it up nice for a while but end up having to do it again. The HR 20 700 had its issues but this box for me anyways seems to have more

#15 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hmm,i was with D* for 14 years and i left in april yet i've never gotten a call to ''win me back'',all i get is letters in spanish offering me some package deal for $29.99 a month. there are some things i miss or will soon miss with directv like all my nba games in HD,so far i'm happy with verizon fios,but i was with D* so long that i felt like they were family ! part of me hopes to return to D* someday especially if verizon doesnt start showing all their sports in HD,I also miss comcast sports new england,and missing all the celtics and patriots talk! my feelings were hurt by D* not even trying to talk me into staying when i called to cancel,anyway my new tivo premiere with verizon helps ease the pain, but i would of prefered to of stayed with directv AND TIVO,but i got tired of waiting for tivo to come back to directv,so i switched to fios.

#16 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,909 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hmm,i was with D* for 14 years and i left in april yet i've never gotten a call to ''win me back'',all i get is letters in spanish offering me some package deal for $29.99 a month. there are some things i miss or will soon miss with directv like all my nba games in HD,so far i'm happy with verizon fios,but i was with D* so long that i felt like they were family ! part of me hopes to return to D* someday especially if verizon doesnt start showing all their sports in HD,I also miss comcast sports new england,and missing all the celtics and patriots talk! my feelings were hurt by D* not even trying to talk me into staying when i called to cancel,anyway my new tivo premiere with verizon helps ease the pain, but i would of prefered to of stayed with directv AND TIVO,but i got tired of waiting for tivo to come back to directv,so i switched to fios.

Hope your enjoying those games in SD...:)

#17 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Ok I think I figured out the problem and it seems to be the scorboard once I hit exit the thing was flying so now I know what the problem is and can get rid of it pretty easily. Someone had posted this a few posts back so thanks for the tip.

#18 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,436 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

From what I've read, you would still be waiting for that TiVo, and waiting, and...

Rich

#19 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,436 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

Ok I think I figured out the problem and it seems to be the scorboard once I hit exit the thing was flying so now I know what the problem is and can get rid of it pretty easily. Someone had posted this a few posts back so thanks for the tip.

So, what exactly was the problem?

Rich

#20 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

So, what exactly was the problem?

Rich

I think when the scorboard is active it slows my box down so I hit exit when I opended it which disables it and now like I said everything is working great. Somehow the app just kills the speed on my box

Protected By... spam firewall...And...