Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to get local channels at a new address

uhf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Michael Grant

Michael Grant

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

I have been splitting my directv service up with a few friends in san diego for years now. Its great we split the bill and NFL sunday ticket. I recently moved up to eastern washington state and now my local channels are still the San Diego local channels. This would be fine but they don't come in, and when football season starts I don't want to miss any game that is only being broadcast locally. How do I get around this? Is there a way to have two service address on the account, like an address for home and an address for a 'vacation' home so that each would work with the local channels for that specific area at the same time? Since I do not have the account, it is difficult for me to call directv and ask these questions of them. Let me know if anybody else has come across this problem and how to solve it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

What you are doing is against Directv's terms of service and could land you in a lot of hot water. Sign up with your own account.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

I hate to tell you this, but I believe what you are explaining goes against the customer agreement. So if you call and ask that question, you and your friend may get your service disconnected.

(f) Phone Connections. For optimal performance of your Receiving
Equipment, including ordering with your remote control or receiving certain
Services, each of your receivers must be directly connected to the same
land-based telephone line. If you add Service on additional TVs, you may
purchase a separate subscription for each additional TV, or, if all your
receivers are continuously connected to the same land-based telephone
line, we can “mirror” programming to your additional TVs and charge you
only the fee amount described in Section 2. You agree to provide true and
accurate information about the location of your receivers. If we detect that
any receiver is not regularly connected to a land-based telephone line, we
may investigate and, if it is determined that the receiver is not at the location
identified on your account, we may disconnect the receiver or charge you
the full programming subscription price for the receiver.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#4 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

I have been splitting my directv service up with a few friends in san diego for years now. Its great we split the bill and NFL sunday ticket. I recently moved up to eastern washington state and now my local channels are still the San Diego local channels. This would be fine but they don't come in, and when football season starts I don't want to miss any game that is only being broadcast locally. How do I get around this? Is there a way to have two service address on the account, like an address for home and an address for a 'vacation' home so that each would work with the local channels for that specific area at the same time? Since I do not have the account, it is difficult for me to call directv and ask these questions of them. Let me know if anybody else has come across this problem and how to solve it.

No. You each need to get your own accounts and your own service.
DTV = Digital Television

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,256 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

Since the question has been asked and the terms of services reminded, I'll just close this thread. "Moving" or account splitting are not topics for discussion at DBStalk.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uhf

Protected By... spam firewall...And...