Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dodgers/Angels HD games on FSW/PT

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

E* customer here <ducks> considering switching over when my contract expires. I notice that many Angels/Dodgers games aren't shown in HD on PT/FSW---leaving aside the questionable sanity of wanting to watch an Angels game this season. Is this unique to E*?

-I do miss my MLB channel....

Thanks for looking.

Ps- who am I meant to be mentoring?

Edited by karrank%, 11 August 2010 - 06:13 PM.
Mentor?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,127 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

All FSW & PT games are HD on Directv since both are full-time HD channels.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

All FSW & PT games are HD on Directv since both are full-time HD channels.

Yup...my halos won today to take the sweep over the Royals in beautiful HD. Unfortunately, the Rangers look like they are going to take the west this year. ARGGH :(
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

So in D*, no experience of a Dodgers/Angels game starting off in SD only, then eventually, maybe, switching over to HD? That's what I've been experiencing intermittently over on the E* side.

#5 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

So in D*, no experience of a Dodgers/Angels game starting off in SD only, then eventually, maybe, switching over to HD? That's what I've been experiencing intermittently over on the E* side.

Absolutely not. The channels are in HD 24/7 so the games never start in SD, they are in HD all the time.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Well, thanks, now it's just a matter of waiting out the contract (I HATE ETFs).

And I imagine Reagins is rethinking the Vlad trade by now...

#7 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Well, thanks, now it's just a matter of waiting out the contract (I HATE ETFs).

And I imagine Reagins is rethinking the Vlad trade by now...

It wasn't a trade, he was a free agent. Vlad is having a great year, unfortunately the last year + with the Angels he wasn't himself. Injuries, etc. He's healthy this year and playing extremely well. The injury to Morales killed the Angels this year...top hitter, top rbi guy, top HR guy.
DIRECTV employee

#8 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

It wasn't a trade, he was a free agent. Vlad is having a great year, unfortunately the last year + with the Angels he wasn't himself. Injuries, etc. He's healthy this year and playing extremely well. The injury to Morales killed the Angels this year...top hitter, top rbi guy, top HR guy.

Vlad started out great here (DFW, sorry, Racer, Rangers fan ;)), but he's been in a slump lately, a lot of infield ground outs lately. Hopefully, he'll come around soon. At least the team ownership fiasco is settled.
DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

Protected By... spam firewall...And...