Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new cust noticed programming is wrong

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:06 AM

I noticed that we are getting the free NFL sunday ticket and all the channels but i want the choice ultimate package because we just dont have time to watch all the movie channels.

Should i just call DTV up and let them know or what? i signed up through a local dealer not online.I think he just got confused as we talked about the packages so many times and i changed my mind 50 times.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ccr1958

ccr1958

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

if i read your post correctly...you are getting free NFLST and Premium package....if this is free for 3 months or even 30 days i would keep it....but remember to cancel to the package you want before the alloted free time expires....

#3 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

if i read your post correctly...you are getting free NFLST and Premium package....if this is free for 3 months or even 30 days i would keep it....but remember to cancel to the package you want before the alloted free time expires....

Well it's bot free Ian paying 80 a month for 5 months then 130 I believe. If I get the ultimate choice it's 50 a month for 12 months. That is why I wanted to make sure I could get in on that pricing now. In 5 months it will be to late

#4 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

I noticed that we are getting the free NFL sunday ticket and all the channels but i want the choice ultimate package because we just dont have time to watch all the movie channels.

Should i just call DTV up and let them know or what? i signed up through a local dealer not online.I think he just got confused as we talked about the packages so many times and i changed my mind 50 times.

I thought the promo was that you paid for Sunday Ticket and received Choice Ultimate free.

#5 OFFLINE   Moosestache

Moosestache

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:43 AM

The promo is you pay for sunday ticket for 5 months and get premier with Sunday Ticket for that 5 months. After the 5 months you pay for the premier, or you can drop down to a lower package, but that is what you get. You also pay full price for that new package, whatever it may be, without any of the discounts you would receive if you had signed up for it from the beginning.

If you signed up for CHOICE ULTIMATE you would save $29 a month for the first 12 months and $10 a month for the next 12 months, I think that is right but you can check my numbers. If you sign up for the NFL Sunday ticket promo, you pay $59 a month, plus your box fees, etc for the first 5 months, and get the premier package. On month 6 you pay full price for the premier package, or you can downgrade, but you still pay full price for the remainder of your 24 months.

I spoke with a retention guy about this, he said the advantage to this is you have the ability to call back after 12 months and ask for a discount. He mentioned that usually, if you are a customer in good standing, they will give you a $20 credit per month, especially if you are looking to upgrade, say add Sunday Ticket next year. They won't, however, usually let you double dip on your promotions, so if you had a $10 credit still on your account, you wouldn't get anything else. I have no idea if this is true, but it sort of jives with what a lot of people in the Sunday ticket thread experienced.

Edited by Moosestache, 12 August 2010 - 03:52 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Well it's bot free Ian paying 80 a month for 5 months then 130 I believe. If I get the ultimate choice it's 50 a month for 12 months. That is why I wanted to make sure I could get in on that pricing now. In 5 months it will be to late

Does that $80 include DVR fees, lease fees, and taxes, etc.?

With the promo you're on, I don't think you'd be saving much by dropping down to a lower package and you'd lose all the channels plus NFLST for the next 5 months. Just put it on your calendar to call back in 5 months and go to a lower package then.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#7 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

If you really want the NFL Sunday Ticket then I wouldn't cancel your current package and drop down to Choice Ultimate just to get the 12 months of discounts. You are only paying $59.99 for your programming for 5 months and you basically have every channel they offer for those five months, including a $300 sports programming package that lasts 17 weeks.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,787 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

If you really want the NFL Sunday Ticket then I wouldn't cancel your current package and drop down to Choice Ultimate just to get the 12 months of discounts. You are only paying $59.99 for your programming for 5 months and you basically have every channel they offer for those five months, including a $300 sports programming package that lasts 17 weeks.

I agree. That's a very sweet deal.

#9 OFFLINE   Moosestache

Moosestache

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

I have done the math 1000 times trying to figure the best deal right now. If you don't want any movie channels and no premium channels you end up saving almost $400 by signing up for one of the lower packages and getting Sunday Ticket separately. If you add one premium that you will keep the whole time, lets say Showtime, then the difference over the course of the 2 years is $86.10. Plus you get 5 months of every channel, and the nfl to go internet thingy. So, if you don't want anything except one of the low packages and Sunday Ticket, the premier package isn't the best deal.

#10 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

You're better off taking the new customer deal with Premier and Sunday Ticket and then downgrading packages after the season.
DTV = Digital Television

#11 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

I don't want Sunday ticket. We don't watch sports. I am a movie buff but sports not my thing or my wife.

I just originally thought this was the best deal I didn't see the discounts on the others. But then my dealer and I got to discussing all the packages and so forth and I changed it. But I guess he forgot to or misindderstood me.

#12 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

I don't want Sunday ticket. We don't watch sports. I am a movie buff but sports not my thing or my wife.

I just originally thought this was the best deal I didn't see the discounts on the others. But then my dealer and I got to discussing all the packages and so forth and I changed it. But I guess he forgot to or misunderstood me.

Based on your comments, if you can live with only getting these premium movie channels: Encore, TMC and Sundance, you should call back and see if you can get changed to the Choice Ultimate promo. You will save over $300 the first year over the Premier/NFLST promo, even if you drop to Choice Ultamate after 5 mo's.

You still get the MRV/DVR/HD promo or free HD promo that you get with the Premier/NFLST promo. And you will get the $29 discount for the first 12 mo's. Although you won't get HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Flix, Sports Pack or NFLST.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#13 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

yea i am calling to see what i can do. the extra movie channels are nice but during the fall season and with Netflix, and Vudu i have all the movies i want to watch so i think this deal will work better.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...