Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Audio/Video not in sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rkolling

rkolling

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

I remember years ago there were 2 buttons on the remote that you could push together to bring the audio in sync with the video. Anybody remember what those were?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

I think you're mis-remembering.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,530 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Change the channel, then return to the one you were watching. That should sync the audio and video.

#4 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

I remember years ago there were 2 buttons on the remote that you could push together to bring the audio in sync with the video. Anybody remember what those were?

I don't think that was ever the case; however pressing a button on the remote will only allow 1 signal to be sent at a time. A simultaneous 2 button press will not send both signals.

Thats why some hidden menus on the HRx lineup can only be accesse by simultaneously pressing button on the receivers front face plate and NOT from the remote itself.

The audio and video being out of sync might have arisen from another issuein your system. Are you using an A/V receiver for the sound output? Are you using hdmi as ther connection mthod to either the TV or an A/V receiver? Either one of these could be the possible cause.

If using an A/V receiver, look for a ms delay setting or a/v sync adjustment in the A/V receiver's menu.

#5 OFFLINE   mrfatboy

mrfatboy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

some tv's have an audio sync adjustment also.
DirecTV since '99, Grandfathered DNS Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox | HR24-500 | HR23-700 | Unsupported MRV

My Network Setup

My Computer Setup

spam firewall