Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can I get the NFLST RZ without getting DTV TV?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

I miss my DTV but I moved into a condo and I have no line of sight, so this is my 1st year without DTV. I pray each day comcrap is bought out by DTV but until that happens I need my NFST, go jets..

So can I order just the NFLST put no dish up and just use the internet? I figured it won't look great but I can output it via my mac mini on my big screen and I won't have to go to a bar to watch.

How much would this cost and has anyone done this? How bad will the games look on my 61" tv? I don't really care, I only need to see my jets play but are they now streaming HD?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

I miss my DTV but I moved into a condo and I have no line of sight, so this is my 1st year without DTV. I pray each day comcrap is bought out by DTV but until that happens I need my NFST, go jets..

So can I order just the NFLST put no dish up and just use the internet? I figured it won't look great but I can output it via my mac mini on my big screen and I won't have to go to a bar to watch.

How much would this cost and has anyone done this? How bad will the games look on my 61" tv? I don't really care, I only need to see my jets play but are they now streaming HD?

Nope, you need to have DTV and Sunday Ticket to get the internet To-Go package. Doesn't your Comcast have a Redzone channel as part of their Sports Package?
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#3 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Nope, you need to have DTV and Sunday Ticket to get the internet To-Go package. Doesn't your Comcast have a Redzone channel as part of their Sports Package?

I don't mind getting DTV, it just won't be hooked up.

Plan B might be to get DTV NFST and every sunday run a very long line out to my parking lot to get line of sight. I wonder how long it would last until they evict me. lol

#4 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

If you live in Fort Lauderdale, FL...NFL RedZone is on channel 743 via Comcast.
DTV = Digital Television

#5 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

I've read a couple articles suggesting that NFL Sunday Ticket online will be offered through DirecTV for those who cannot get a line-of-site this year. I'm not sure if the online portion includes Red Zone Channel or not but Comcast does offer Red Zone Channel in HD.

#6 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

If you can get cable, you might be able get NFL RZ channel in their sports pack. If you want the full NFL ST package and you have line of site issues with putting in a dish, you might be able to buy the internet version. I don't think the package or pricing has been announced, but here is an article discussing it [link].
HR34-700, HR22-100

#7 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

If you can get cable, you might be able get NFL RZ channel in their sports pack. If you want the full NFL ST package and you have line of site issues with putting in a dish, you might be able to buy the internet version. I don't think the package or pricing has been announced, but here is an article discussing it [link].

THAT'S AWESOME! I would lend out my online access to my buddy each year and he said the quality when put a 42" tv wasn't great but do able. Mine is 61" but I don't care, I just want to see my boys. Thanks for posting!

#8 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

I wish D* would offer the RZ without having to purchase the NFLST.

#9 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

I wish D* would offer the RZ without having to purchase the NFLST.

Have you tried getting standalone RZ? There is a whole thread on it, including people with proof they are getting it for this season.

http://www.dbstalk.c...=177934&page=17
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#10 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

Have you tried getting standalone RZ? There is a whole thread on it, including people with proof they are getting it for this season.

http://www.dbstalk.c...=177934&page=17

I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...