Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Great Movers Ordering Experience

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:53 PM

We're moving to at the end of this month, so I called to schedule our move and was able to get a new HD receiver as part of the Movers special and a new HD DVR for having never upgraded our equipment. Then I added whole home DVR for a grand total of ~$110 out of pocket!

I was able to get my preferred installation window. I was also offered the NFLST/Premiere package, which I declined (I want to keep my grandfathered package). The CSR did inform me of the 24 month commitment for this equipment upgrade, so no surprises or missed communication there. I can't think of anything they neglected to offer or inform me of.

With the recent rash of complaints, I thought it was worth noting my very good experience.

Now, hopefully they can find LOS from the city's approved location!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gnahc79

gnahc79

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

FYI make sure you update your service address after you move. For some stupid reason Directv only updates the billing address after a move. Then 1 yr later when your HD DVR dies, they ship the replacement to your old address...during Christmas...where the resident there decides to accept delivery and then go on a 1 week vacation, stranding you with no DVR during your vacation. Or something like that :D.

Then again they might have fixed it, just look up your account online after your move to make sure.

Edited by gnahc79, 12 August 2010 - 04:41 PM.
mixed up billing and service addr

Video: Panasonic 42" th42ph9uk (2 component blades, 1 hdmi blade)
HR21-200 connected with blue jeans cable component cables & optical cable
Audio: Denon AVR-1602, Energy Connisseur speakers
Remote: Harmony One and an 880
MediaShare: TVersity

#3 OFFLINE   linuspbmo

linuspbmo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

They offered you the NFLST/Premiere package for $59 a month? I didn't think anyone was getting that except new customers.

#4 OFFLINE   johns70

johns70

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

After the installer comes to do the install you can log back in and tell us -

the rest of the story.......

#5 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

[quote name='linuspbmo']They offered you the NFLST/Premiere package for $59 a month? I didn't think anyone was getting that except new customers.[/QUOTE]

Here's the offer as stated on the website:

[quote name='http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/movers']
Schedule your move today and ask how you can receive a housewarming gift from DIRECTV — 5 FREE Months of our best TV package with the purchase of NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ for $59.99 a month for 5 months. That's almost $580 in FREE programming!
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='johns70']After the installer comes to do the install you can log back in and tell us -

the rest of the story.......[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like my last movers experience, then it should be great! However, I am less than confident that I can get LOS from the new location, but that's not the installer's fault. I will follow up with my experience.

#6 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

FYI make sure you update your service address after you move. For some stupid reason Directv only updates the billing address after a move,

They usually update the billing address at the time you place the movers order. Since a lot of folks haven't actually moved at that time they will wait for you to actually update your service address when you are moved.

You can log in to your account on their website and view both your billing and installation address and update as necessary.:)

#7 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

:) My install went great today! No LOS issues and I got a brand new HR24, H24 and Whole Home DVR!

Now if I could only figure out how to get my HR20 to run on remote code 00002. I have my HR20 and H24 in the living room. My SA S1 TiVo apparently needs the H24 to run on code 00001 so it can drive the H24. I'd like the ability to watch the H24 on the HDTV sometimes (regardless of my TiVo recordings) if I have the HR20 booked, but this ability doesn't appear to be an option. Any ideas (aside from pitching my SA S1 TiVo with Lifetime with transfer ability)?

#8 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

:) My install went great today! No LOS issues and I got a brand new HR24, H24 and Whole Home DVR!

Now if I could only figure out how to get my HR20 to run on remote code 00002. I have my HR20 and H24 in the living room. My SA S1 TiVo apparently needs the H24 to run on code 00001 so it can drive the H24. I'd like the ability to watch the H24 on the HDTV sometimes (regardless of my TiVo recordings) if I have the HR20 booked, but this ability doesn't appear to be an option. Any ideas (aside from pitching my SA S1 TiVo with Lifetime with transfer ability)?

I'm thinking that setting is under program remote/advanced setups.
DogLover

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, I changed it on the HR20, but it didn't respond to code 00002. Should I have tried a different code?

#10 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

FYI make sure you update your service address after you move. For some stupid reason Directv only updates the billing address after a move. Then 1 yr later when your HD DVR dies, they ship the replacement to your old address...during Christmas...where the resident there decides to accept delivery and then go on a 1 week vacation, stranding you with no DVR during your vacation. Or something like that :D.

Then again they might have fixed it, just look up your account online after your move to make sure.

Or they send the installer to the old address and you call the customer who now lives 3 states over.

The best is when they ask if your still coming today!!

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

#11 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, I changed it on the HR20, but it didn't respond to code 00002. Should I have tried a different code?

You did set up the remote as well?
DogLover

My Setup

#12 OFFLINE   timmmaaayyy2003

timmmaaayyy2003

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

I, too, got the NFLST deal and whole home MRV install thrown in free. My question is if the internet connection will be part of the install. The tech is coming saturday to see if I can get signal. I'm in kind of a wooded area, but I think it can be done.

Say a prayer for me. The FIOS DVR I have temporarily sux.
Phil B.

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue! :D

My Setup

#13 OFFLINE   terryfoster

terryfoster

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

You did set up the remote as well?

Yeah, turns out I should have used 00003 instead. All is now well!

#14 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, turns out I should have used 00003 instead. All is now well!

Glad you got it worked out. There is a way to set up 00002, but I think 00003 is the default "alternate" for the HD DVRs. I think that's easier to set up, and simpler all around.
DogLover

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...