Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV Not Offering Movers Connection Offer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SunDevil2012

SunDevil2012

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

So I called up DirecTV today and have been trying to get them to add the offer for the 5 free months of premier package with NFL Sunday Ticket for $59.99/month.

My 1yr for being a customer is August 18th but I wanted to schedule everything ahead of time so I'm not waiting for the installer.

They told me they could offer me the moving service for free, so a waive of the $50 fee. But that the offer for 5 months + Sunday Ticket wasn't available.

I had NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan last year, and when they called me in July they told me that because of customer complaints that they stopped auto-renewal. So I had them put a note on the account saying I still wanted it - I wanted to ensure I got the early-bird price; I didn't know about the moving offer they did until today. I had the account suspended since June when I moved out of my previous apartment; but I've been away all summer so I didn't bother getting the service changed over.

The terms and conditions of the offer for the 5 months free it states: Minimum 12 months tenure with DIRECTV required. Cannot currently have PREMIER or LO MAXIMO or NFL SUNDAY TICKET active on account.

So I had them switch my package to the lowest one, and remove Sunday Ticket. When the system updated and showed both of the changes online I called back and they were still unable to process it.

The best they offered me was $20/month off Sunday Ticket and Free HD. Not much of a consolation. So now I'm going to call back the 18th and try to have them schedule everything then. But the whole point was I wanted to get service active in my apartment as soon as I'm back and waiting until the 18th to place the order means a few extra days I don't have it.

Btw, they told me the early bird price for NBA League Pass was going to be $41.99/month for 4 payments if anyone was wondering.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

It may also be that your account suspension is keeping the system from seeing you as a 12 month customer. (I don't have any insights into their system. Just a thought to consider.)
DogLover

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   SunDevil2012

SunDevil2012

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

It may also be that your account suspension is keeping the system from seeing you as a 12 month customer. (I don't have any insights into their system. Just a thought to consider.)

Possibly. I had them unsuspend the account today and they told me that I would be credited for service that I don't receive during the next week as my account is listed as active but I have no boxes connected.

I feel like e-mailing the office of the president since everyone says that as soon as you e-mail them they clear things up immediately. The thing that's a big deal is that I paid $200 for MLB Extra Innings and I'm missing out on so much by having them make me wait to get it installed. But I doubt they credit me for that.

#4 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

I had NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan last year, and when they called me in July they told me that because of customer complaints that they stopped auto-renewal.

Not sure where they came up with this. My NFLST was auto renewed. They also tried to charge me for the new NFLST to go package so you can watch on your phone and TV. The Superfan is supposedly now "included". It is included because they jacked the price up.

#5 OFFLINE   ShawnL25

ShawnL25

Icon

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

5 months of premier is for new customers only

#6 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

5 months of premier is for new customers only

It is a new customer offer, but I have read several posts where existing customers were able to get it. Here is one example [link].
HR34-700, HR22-100

#7 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

It is a new customer offer, but I have read several posts where existing customers were able to get it. Here is one example [link].

My understanding is that existing customers that are getting it are those doing a Mover's Connection move - not just generally existing customers getting that deal, just so people don't start expecting to just call and get it, then complain when they can't.

#8 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

My understanding is that existing customers that are getting it are those doing a Mover's Connection move - not just generally existing customers getting that deal, just so people don't start expecting to just call and get it, then complain when they can't.

True, and that is what this thread was about. Although I do recall some posters getting this offer if they had old packages and they were not in a commitment.

As the OP mentioned, the movers connection page shows that if you have been with DIRECTV at least 12 mo's, you can get the Premier/NFL ST offer [link].
HR34-700, HR22-100

#9 OFFLINE   SunDevil2012

SunDevil2012

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

So I called them back today and they gave me the promotion. And I got an HD box added for just the $5/month lease fee. They also gave me bill credits for the time without service from August 12th-23rd so my next month's bill is less than $20. I had to switch to auto-pay (but I pay before the bill due date always anyways) so they took off another $10 from my bill with that.

I wish they offered something where for a whole year if you had all the sports packs (ie: NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, and MLB Extra Innings) all you had to pay on top was like a flat $20-$30 fee for the TV service; but if you don't get the sports packs you have to pay the full price. Now that would be something.

They offered to give me an HD-DVR for $99. But that wasn't much of a deal considering I'd still be spending an extra $8/month for the damn thing so I didn't bother.

My bill was over $170 for the previous 5 or so months I was receiving service (and that's after getting $10 off from a referral during that time). Can't afford nearly $200/month for TV service.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...