Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

First Time using Movers Connection

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   redfiver

redfiver

DBSTalk Club Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

I too am using movers connection very soon. I'm glad this thread popped up!

I have a question to add on to this though. If the house you are moving in to is wired for cable do the DirecTV installers run new RG6 solid copper core lines?

Don't forget to get the NFL ST and premier special. THe first time I set up the appointment, they didn't offer it to me. The second time, when I was upgrading to MRV, the girl mentioned it and I upgraded to that package. It's a pretty good deal for 5 months. And got the free HD stuff.
Outside: Slimline AU-9, SWM-8

Inside: HR20(2), H20-100(1), Sony SAT-T60(1), Sony Bravia 55" LCD HDTV, Onkyo Receiver with HDMI Switching, Wii

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

I guess you missed the part where I added the OLI to the work order and did a DOA swap. Not to mention once the receiver is activated it's off my inventory.

The only receiver that is on my inventory over 2-3 weeks is a HD-DVR that was used on a commercial service call and despite me going back to the store (HH Greg) 4 months later and confirming that was indeed the HD-DVR "aging" in my inventory, the warehouse couldn't remove it.

I've been with Mastec over a year.

Like I said a long time.
you are going to screw yourself.
It won't show up on your on hand report but they can pull another report to match IRD to activities.
In addition to many DOA if working IRD's will get you busted.
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#23 OFFLINE   Grydlok

Grydlok

Icon

• Registered
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

One year with MASTEC is impressive! Nobody works for MASTEC for a year.
Eatin' regular?
What is yer secret?

Joe

lol I made it 6 years working for the devil, and few months in-house D.
Hypocrites with fake rumors need not apply.

#24 OFFLINE   redfiver

redfiver

DBSTalk Club Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

My install happened this past Saturday, and it went... okay... I got the HR24 and H24 I wanted with the upgrade, which was great. That's all the installer had on his truck. He also installed the dish with an under-eve mount (couldn't put it on the roof). He used almost all of the existing wires in the house, even though I didn't want him to. ONe of the wires just came up out of the floor in one of the bedrooms, but I wanted that fished into the wall a bit better. It would have been easy to do, there was another wire there he could have attached to. I'll have to fix that later as it bugs me where it is.

But, the installer wasn't very knowledgable about the service as well. He wanted to put a DECA unit on the HR24, but not the H24, but I told him neither needed the DECA unit, I only needed those for my existing HR20s. He really didn't believe me and had to call his supervisor to confirm what I told him. He also said some mumbo-jumbo that I just choose to ignore, hoping he'd quit stopping to tell me his stories and just get working quicker. In all, he was done in about 3.5 hours, but since all the wires were already run, most of the time was him stopping to tell me a story about some other install and how difficult it was an how easy this one was.

And, the HR24 and H24 are significantly faster than the HR20. Very nice response time, I didn't think it would be that much faster! And, it's much faster to set up a new series link.
Outside: Slimline AU-9, SWM-8

Inside: HR20(2), H20-100(1), Sony SAT-T60(1), Sony Bravia 55" LCD HDTV, Onkyo Receiver with HDMI Switching, Wii

#25 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

My install happened this past Saturday, and it went... okay... I got the HR24 and H24 I wanted with the upgrade, which was great. That's all the installer had on his truck. He also installed the dish with an under-eve mount (couldn't put it on the roof). He used almost all of the existing wires in the house, even though I didn't want him to. ONe of the wires just came up out of the floor in one of the bedrooms, but I wanted that fished into the wall a bit better. It would have been easy to do, there was another wire there he could have attached to. I'll have to fix that later as it bugs me where it is.

But, the installer wasn't very knowledgable about the service as well. He wanted to put a DECA unit on the HR24, but not the H24, but I told him neither needed the DECA unit, I only needed those for my existing HR20s. He really didn't believe me and had to call his supervisor to confirm what I told him. He also said some mumbo-jumbo that I just choose to ignore, hoping he'd quit stopping to tell me his stories and just get working quicker. In all, he was done in about 3.5 hours, but since all the wires were already run, most of the time was him stopping to tell me a story about some other install and how difficult it was an how easy this one was.

And, the HR24 and H24 are significantly faster than the HR20. Very nice response time, I didn't think it would be that much faster! And, it's much faster to set up a new series link.

Sounds good! Glad to hear it!

(Shoulda let him put the Decas on the 24's and just took em off after he left! (FREE DECA)!

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

#26 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

I'm moving in early November. I've only been a customer since may, does that affect anything associated with movers connection? Would I be able to get the premier deal? Any help is appreciated

spam firewall