Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Removing receiver from sling.com management

dysan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   churoval

churoval

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Is there a way to remove a receiver from remote management on dish.sling.com?

I have a disturbing problem right now. I RMAed a 622 a couple months ago, but the old receiver never got removed from the sling account. Today, I noticed that Dish must have returned the old receiver to service because it's now showing up as being manageable on my account again. I can go into it and look at the recordings and, I assume if I felt evil, I could tell it to record things or delete stuff, but I'm not that mean.

I just want it off my list of receivers at this point. It makes me feel a little concerned now that my "new" 622 might be manageable by its previous users. Haven't had anything strange appear or disappear yet.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,447 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

Interesting... I thought that was supposed to happen when you deactivate the receiver on your account.

You did deactivate it before you sent it back, right?

I had a 622 swapped out a few months ago... and I can't access my old receiver... just my new one.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   churoval

churoval

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

I followed the procedure I was given by Dish. Honestly, I can't remember now if there was a deactivation step in there or not. It was 4 months ago and my memory isn't that good. :(

Since then, it's shown up whenever I logged into the remote access system as inactive. I figured it would go away eventually, but today it was active.

I just logged back in and now it's gone. So, I guess, problem solved. Still a bit disturbing though.

#4 OFFLINE   churoval

churoval

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Ok... This is weird... It's not completely gone....

If I log into remote access through dishnetwork.com, it only shows me the one receiver I have. If I login through dish.sling.com, it shows me both my receiver and the one I RMAed.

:confused:

#5 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 886 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

I have no idea how relevant this might be to you, Sling has had servers problems for over a week. From the sound of it everyone using Sling in any was caught in the failure.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,447 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

That's a good point... it may or may not explain the "phantom receiver" still on his account, but there have been enough other Sling-related problems that who knows.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall