Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

tv apps?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vikefan

vikefan

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

tv app is still anitializing; please try again later.(301)

This message keeps coming up when i try the apps. Been this way for a couple weeks. Anyone else have the same problems?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Just worked for me!!
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   retromzc

retromzc

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

Although I haven't used them much, I tried them last night and they worked fine here.
R. B.

1 H20-100 receiver
1 HR24-500 dvr receiver
Sony 40" lcd
Sony XBR46HX929 led

#4 OFFLINE   gfrang

gfrang

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Same here with me,called several times checking and the last time i was told to wait for a software update.I will call again later next week.

#5 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

tv app is still anitializing; please try again later.(301)

This message keeps coming up when i try the apps. Been this way for a couple weeks. Anyone else have the same problems?

Reset your receiver. Worked for me when webcam apps apparently hosed the whole TV apps setup. This was a repeatable problem, solved eventually when I removed the webcam apps.

If no joy, unplug receiver and leave it off for a few minutes.

Does a system test say you're connected to a network?
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#6 OFFLINE   vroten

vroten

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

After 2+ months of waiting I decided to dig a little deeper into my problem. I had a belkin router which was about 2 years old. I could never get network services to start on my receiver, and I always got the same error message you described when trying to access tv apps. I configured all the ports on the router did everything I could think of... called directv, etc. Finally I decided to do a firmware upgrade on my router. When the firmware updated and the router restarted I ran the setup on the receiver and IT WORKED. Been going strong for about six weeks now. I don't know if this might be your problem, but could not hurt to try. Good luck

#7 OFFLINE   vikefan

vikefan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

I have a new computer on order and the router problem sounds like that may be my problem. Tv apps went down about the same time my computer messed up. My computer geek changed the settings in my router to a more secure setting. That may be the problem

Protected By... spam firewall...And...