Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Am I over Paying with my package

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ScottShortBus

ScottShortBus

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Been with Directv since 2008. should I be receiving $10 credit for my paperless billing? and since my equipment is leased do I need protection plan. Live in Florida (lightning). I canceled my NFL Sunday ticket for this year, but now am thinking about getting it back. I hated the fact that the games were not in HD and now they are.

thanks

My total bill is $102.29

79.99 PLUS HD DVR Monthly
5.99 protection plan
5.99 2nd reciever lease

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

You're probably paying the regular price for your package, so I can't say its your over paying. Although you should call and see if you can get the Free HD credit of $10/mo for 24 mo's. Just call and let them know you heard about the free HD and see what happens.

If you want NFL ST, you might be able to get a $20/mo credit for 6 mo's. Just mention exactly what you said about NFL ST and add that it was kind of expensive. If they don't give you the credit right away, add it anyway. Then call back in a couple weeks and say your wife said its too expensive and she wants you to cancel. Then they might offer the discount.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#3 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

I think we're all over paying for TV. ;)

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

I know you are correct in that statement. I am really cutting back on my subscription lately, and will probably do so again.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,981 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

There is no $10 credit for paperless billing (other than the one-time "go green" credit). You may have this confused with the free HD for 24 months, which requires autopay (and would probably require you to change to a different package).

#6 OFFLINE   brainwaver

brainwaver

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

There is no $10 credit for paperless billing (other than the one-time "go green" credit). You may have this confused with the free HD for 24 months, which requires autopay (and would probably require you to change to a different package).

If he has Choice Xtra +HD DVR ($79.99) he should not have to change packages. That's the package I have and I got the $10 (HD for free) 24 month credit without having to change my package.

#7 ONLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,661 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Given the amount of commercials aired during prime time added with the infomercials during non prime time all in the name of off setting the cost do you really think we are over paying for TV?......Of course we are!

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#8 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,355 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

When I signed up 2 years ago this was an option but only at the time of signing up and I didnt know that. I went in to do it later on and it was a one time credit unstead of $5 off for a year I think or something close to that.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#9 OFFLINE   ziggy29

ziggy29

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio DMA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

If he has Choice Xtra +HD DVR ($79.99) he should not have to change packages. That's the package I have and I got the $10 (HD for free) 24 month credit without having to change my package.

I got it as well, and I still have the old, grandfathered Total Choice Plus package.
My stuff: D* HR20-700 (living room) / R15 (bedroom) / OTA 91XG+YA1713+HDP269 / Harmony 880

Protected By... spam firewall...And...