Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Frustrating upgrade, but worked out well

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   awill13

awill13

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

I was set to cancel service when my lease was up, but I ended up getting two free hd-dvr's, a free internet connection kit, and 30 bucks off my bill for a year. So I had a tech scheduled to upgrade between 8-12 today, and he called at 8 am and said he'd be here around 10 a.m. The guy had very limited English, and I insisted that he realign the dish because I had major rain fade issues. He installed the internet connection kit, and told me I had to go to directv.com to get mrv up and running, because he said that he wasn't trained to do so. I told him I needed a DECA for my HR21-700, and he didn't understand why, but finally gave me one. He aligned the dish, and brought in two HR24-500's to my surprise. I called tech support and after a while on the phone I got MRV up and running. The guy that helped me on the phone was excellent, very professional, very polite. I wasn't expecting HR24's, nor was I going to complain if I didn't get them, but damn, these things are sweet. The local installation company called me right after I talked to tech support, because he noted a complaint due to the installer not getting mrv running before he left. They apologized, I told them it's fine, and I'm happy now. Just thought I'd share my story.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   awill13

awill13

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

Also, thank you to those on the DBSTalk forums, because if I hadn't done my homework with information gathered from here, I wouldn't have known some things I needed to know to get everything running correctly.

#3 OFFLINE   xmetalx

xmetalx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Glad to hear everything got up and running nicely in the end. Also, yay for HR-24's :)
DirecTV employee since 2008
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

There's no place like ~/

spam firewall