Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Are new customer getting hr24s?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   seamonkeys1

seamonkeys1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Have all new customer been getting the hr24? I just signed up and going to be getting DIRECTV install next week what are my chances of getting an hr 24? Is there any way of increasing my chance of getting a hr24 if so what are they?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

Some are and some are not They're faster but not worth worrying about, all DVRs perform the same tasks and have the same GUI, etc.

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,027 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Some are and some are not They're faster but not worth worrying about, all DVRs perform the same tasks and have the same GUI, etc.

Except the HR20's which can't do 3D output, only record.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   awill13

awill13

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

I just received two new HR-24 500's today for my upgrade. I'd recommend getting a MRV install, that seems to up your chances at getting one. My HR21-700 does the same thing the HR24's do, but they are much faster. I'm happy with them, but I wouldn't throw a fit if I wouldn't have gotten them, seems I upgraded from two D12's, and they upgraded my D12's for free.

#5 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,724 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Have all new customer been getting the hr24? I just signed up and going to be getting DIRECTV install next week what are my chances of getting an hr 24? Is there any way of increasing my chance of getting a hr24 if so what are they?

Unless your planing to do a lot of menu hoping and channel surfing don't fret over it.

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

Let me make this clear.

There is absolutely nothing the customer can do besides obtaining a Hx24 from a third party retailer OR waste everyones time by constantly rescheduling until he lucks out or the HSP gets tired of his actions and cancels the job.

Those are the options.

In the last month, I have seen the entire family of HR2x go in on upgrades and new installes.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   slo_dave

slo_dave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

Like said above there is nothing to guarantee a 24 unless you obtain it yourself through online retailer.
I had my service installed last week. I requested in the notes to only bring HR24's. Called back a few days before and confirmed notes were there.
Installer showed up, no notes on work order. Luckily he had all 24's on the truck. He said it was the first time he has seen new 24's in a month, they came in two days ago and were now all gone after today. I asked if I had not got the 24's what would I have gotten.. HR21.. Again, "Notes" to CSR meant nothing. 4 HD rx's and MRV internet connection meant nothing.

Luck of the draw

#8 OFFLINE   seamonkeys1

seamonkeys1

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Yea, I have used the hr21 before and it seem kind of slow. The only reason I am looking at direct tv is for a better dvr. The sales guy when I order the package said all my receives would be hr24. If I don't get one I might see if I can send it back and get a credit to order an hr24 online. Any one having any luck with that?

Thank You

#9 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

Yea, I have used the hr21 before and it seem kind of slow. The only reason I am looking at direct tv is for a better dvr. The sales guy when I order the package said all my receives would be hr24. If I don't get one I might see if I can send it back and get a credit to order an hr24 online. Any one having any luck with that?

Thank You

Once you activate it, it's yours, so keep that in mind. Try going to a local install place and ordering the whole thing through them.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#10 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,818 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

To the OP - I can't say if ALL new customers get ALL new HR24 or H24 units for an installation....

But my new neighbor that just moved in had his install this past week...got a SWiM, Slimline 3, 1 HR24, and 4 H24 units, as well as Whole Home DVR Service activated. No problems, no surprises...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#11 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Except the HR20's which can't do 3D output, only record.

Yep.

#12 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,977 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

I just received two new HR-24 500's today for my upgrade.

While that's nice for you, the question was regarding new customers.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#13 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hit or miss.

Some weeks we get HR24's others we get HR20-100's. Because all HR models are SWM/MRV compatible they are all consumed on new installs.

Been to serveral houses with 2x H24's and an HR20/21

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

#14 OFFLINE   awill13

awill13

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

While that's nice for you, the question was regarding new customers.

Nitpicking much? I was simply stating that the chances seem to be greater when you get MRV is all. New customer or existing, you get what they have. Is that better?

#15 OFFLINE   swannyku

swannyku

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

I just had an install last Thursday and got a 24... Those are all he had with him.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...