Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Odd Playlist Issue

s114

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   orbit626

orbit626

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

I have been recording the game show Family Feud on the Game Show Network for the past couple of weeks, and have run into an odd issue concerning how it appears in the playlist.

Instead of grouping all of the episodes into one folder like normal, it has been splitting them up into 2, sometimes 3, seperate folders with 2 to 3 episodes in each. This is by no means a huge issue or anything, but I do find it odd as none of the other shows I record multiple episodes of do this.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them? And what would cause it?

BTW, I have an HR20-700 if it matters

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,066 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Is the title of the show just Family Fued or does it have other wording after it like Family Fued with.... ? Just a thought.

If they are all Family Fued then I don't know but if the shows name has changed a little of the years it will create a different folder for the recordings.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   orbit626

orbit626

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Nope, just listed as simply "Family Feud".

#4 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

It's possible for two shows with exactly the same title to be considered different series (there's some "hidden" data that controls that), and it's definitely possible that the old Richard Dawson/Ray Combs version is considered a different series from the newer Louie Anderson/Richard Karn/John O'Hurley/Steve Harvey version.

But if that's the case, I don't think the same Series Link would be working to capture both of them. So I have no idea.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

spam firewall