Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv2PC Download Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nich0142

nich0142

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

For some reason I can't find the Directv2PC Application to download. I can download the adviser but for some reason I can't find out where to download the application. I have it installed on another computer so I can copy the application to my new computer but it is asking for a serial number which apparently gets sent when you download the application. I can't find the activation code that I received for my other computer.

Q1) Where EXACTLY can I download the app (not adviser) and it will prompt me for my email address to send?

Q2) I have the program from my other computer but no serial number, could someone tell me a valid serial number?

Thanks,

Dave

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   camattin

camattin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

You have to play along w/ their games to download the app.

1) Start here:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/event/2008/directv2pc/enu/index.jsp

2) Click 'Download now' to download the advisor (you can skip the actual download & install of the advisor).

3) Enter your name and valid email address on the next page that comes up. The valid serial number will be emailed to this address.

4) On the next page you'll be presented w/ the download link for the app itself. The direct link to the app itself is:
http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/web/directv/DIRECTV.v5717_CyberLink_DMS090512-02.exe

But w/o going through step 3 you won't have a valid serial number to install the app.

(I don't have 5 posts yet, so I had to code-block the URLs.)

#3 OFFLINE   nich0142

nich0142

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

Thanks... I guess I wasn't waiting long enough for the page to go to the next screen. Directv's help file kept stating that you needed to hit next or continue to get to the next page..

I just received my email.

Thanks again

Dave

spam firewall