Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Channels listed twice in Guide HD/non-HD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tafkatram

tafkatram

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

When I go to my guide some channels appear twice, for example MTV will show MTV HD and MTV (non-HD). Channel number appears the same for both channels (331 in this case).

This happens for all my HD channels, and whenever I switch to one of the channels (not directly by choosing it from the guide, but by punching in 331 for example while on another channel) will take me to MTV, the screen flickers for a second, and settles on HD.

How can I remove this so all channels are only listed once?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mattgwyther

mattgwyther

Godfather

• Registered
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

When I go to my guide some channels appear twice, for example MTV will show MTV HD and MTV (non-HD). Channel number appears the same for both channels (331 in this case).

This happens for all my HD channels, and whenever I switch to one of the channels (not directly by choosing it from the guide, but by punching in 331 for example while on another channel) will take me to MTV, the screen flickers for a second, and settles on HD.

How can I remove this so all channels are only listed once?

You need to "Hide SD Duplicates"

MENU / SETUP / DISPLAY then select "Hide SD Duplicates

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

On your remote hit MENU, the PARENTAL, FAV's & SETUP, SYSTEM SETUP, DISPLAY and finally PREFERENCES, there's an option GUIDE HD CHANNELS, select HIDE SD CHANNELS, that will hide the SD verisons. I also recommend Scrolling Effect - Off and GUIDE shows Gird Guide First options.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   djwww98

djwww98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

I also recommend Scrolling Effect - Off and GUIDE shows Gird Guide First options.

Since you brought it up... I checked mine out; scrolling effect was on. I turned it off, but don't see a difference in how the guide looks. What does this do? Why do you recommend it off?

#5 OFFLINE   tafkatram

tafkatram

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Thanks guys

#6 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Since you brought it up... I checked mine out; scrolling effect was on. I turned it off, but don't see a difference in how the guide looks. What does this do? Why do you recommend it off?

When you scroll up/down in the guide this just displays the new page all at once. With scroll on the guide scrolls which most folks say is slower then having scroll off.

#7 OFFLINE   djwww98

djwww98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

When you scroll up/down in the guide this just displays the new page all at once. With scroll on the guide scrolls which most folks say is slower then having scroll off.

Strange. That's pretty much what I expected, but my scrolling continues as if it was on even after I toggle it off. I've tried it both ways several times now and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does the unit need to be rebooted before the change takes effect? (HR20)

#8 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

Strange. That's pretty much what I expected, but my scrolling continues as if it was on even after I toggle it off. I've tried it both ways several times now and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does the unit need to be rebooted before the change takes effect? (HR20)

Nope, a reboot isn't necessary but if it's not changing it might be worth it.

#9 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

It does affect the up/down arrows. It only affects when you jump by a page when you use the up/down channel button while in the guide. It was not clear which you were using.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...