Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movers Install This Friday NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mailman74

Mailman74

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

I am having my dish reinstalled this Friday after having a new roof installed. I currently have a HR22-100, HR21-100, and HR21-700. I want to get them swapped out for a new HR24. I am tired of the slow reponse times. I do have the protection plan on my account.

What should I say to the installer to get the swap?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

"I have $100 a box for you if you swap these and tell your boss they all had problems"
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#3 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,858 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

I am having my dish reinstalled this Friday after having a new roof installed. I currently have a HR22-100, HR21-100, and HR21-700. I want to get them swapped out for a new HR24. I am tired of the slow reponse times. I do have the protection plan on my account.

What should I say to the installer to get the swap?

Unless there is a problem with them the installer is not supposed to replace them.

Hypothetically, if say the receiver you used the most had an issue, the installer might replace that one and you could use it and watch whats on the others via MRV...hypothetically.

Of course it's all moot, escpeically considering the installer might not even have an HR24 on the truck.

Mike

Edited by Mike Bertelson, 17 August 2010 - 07:57 AM.
grammar

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#4 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

Fine, I'll come help you move for some beer and pizza.
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

spam firewall