Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dead R15-500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tonyc

tonyc

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts
  • LocationAnaheim,CA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

only the record button light stays on ,power button no response,reset button no response,no signal to TV,called tech support and they replaced it, but they never told me what they think happen. does anyone know what that means when the record button is on but nothing elese works???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

only the record button light stays on ,power button no response,reset button no response,no signal to TV,called tech support and they replaced it, but they never told me what they think happen. does anyone know what that means when the record button is on but nothing elese works???

It means you have a dead R15-500...:)

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

Just a stab in the dark here but sometimes the record light comes on when hard drive "maintenance" (like a scan) is going on, so if I were to venture a guess, I would say it had a hard drive problem.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#4 ONLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

That sounds like a dead unit. Had the same happen to me when my R15-500 died.... You can try unplugging the unit for a period of time usually an hour or so, then repower unit. If that does not resolve the problem, then you've got a dead unit.... Best of luck...

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

A lot of posters have reported that the "record light on-everything else dead" issue is power supply related.

Try disconnecting the satellite cables and then power the unit up again. One of the satellite cables could have a short which shuts the unit down.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall