Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does Activation clear SL and programming?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   420greg

420greg

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

If my Father moves in with and brings his owned hr20 and moves it from his account to my account, will it keep the programming and series link info after being 'reactivated'?

Sony KDL-46XDR2 46" LCD 1080i TV
Sony DVP-N575H 1080i Upstreaming DVD
Sony SLV-D350P DVD-VHS
Sony STR-DG800 HDMI Pass-Thru Tuner/Amp
DTV Genie HR44-500

DTV Genie Client C41-700
Harmony 880 Remote
SpeakerCraft MT-Three (x5)
Sony Sub w/dual 8"s

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

If you get a good, knowledgeable CSR willing to help you, it should be possible.

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

Know that it is very, very unlikely to allow your accounts to be merged like that.

Even if it did happen, you'd keep your series links, but the programming would be useless and would have to be deleted.

#4 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

What are ya'll talking about? :lol: Disconnecting an owned box and then buying a new card on a different account and activating that same box on that different account doesn't invalidate any recordings or SL.

I have had several owned boxes I got new cards for and they all have recorded things and had stuff I can watch until I get around to a full reset.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,058 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

What are ya'll talking about? :lol: Disconnecting an owned box and then buying a new card on a different account and activating that same box on that different account doesn't invalidate any recordings or SL.

I have had several owned boxes I got new cards for and they all have recorded things and had stuff I can watch until I get around to a full reset.

It doesn't even have to be an owned box. I once got a replacement box that had recordings on it and I was able to watch them without a problem.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

Nice!

For the OP, just have your dad call and shut off the receiver then you call in with your info to the access card department and tell them you would like to order a card for an owned receiver you just got. They will mail it off (for $20), call and activate it when it comes in and there you go. Make sure you activate it with the card department and not a regular CSR since it is owned. The CSRs can't add them as owned, just ask if they are in the card department before you do anything and if they say no, politely insist your way to the card department.

Your dad can then close his account and ship back any leased equipment. I guess he could close it first, but it's probably easier to get things straight if you are both customers. I would go ahead and move any owned equipment over to your account at that point if he is going to fully close his account.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...