Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

AMC HD

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,192 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

Just received the following:

PROGRAMMING UPDATE

Launch of AMC HD

Effective on Wednesday, August 18, 2010, by 5pm ET, AMC HD will launch to customers who subscribe HD 200 & higher, DISH America Silver & higher, and HD DOS & higher.

Description: American Movie Classics HD is a 24-hour network devoted to the Golden Age of Hollywood. AMC HD offers the finest, most comprehensive libraries of classic films from the 1930s to the 1970s and a diverse blend of original programming.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

about time, i cant understand why people have dish network, they have the crappiest channels and the pay for each package is stupid.

they got rid of ESpnews and a few other HD only because they cant resign with those networks without rasining the bill.

dish network's best move should be to file bankruptcy.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

about time, i cant understand why people have dish network, they have the crappiest channels and the pay for each package is stupid.

Yep ... thousands of posts in the DirecTV forum requesting this channel and another dozen or so channels that DISH has and DirecTV doesn't.
That and the generally lower cost is likely the reason DISH keeps customers.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Yep ... thousands of posts in the DirecTV forum requesting this channel and another dozen or so channels that DISH has and DirecTV doesn't.
That and the generally lower cost is likely the reason DISH keeps customers.

Not last quarter. ;)

On topic...Congrats Dish. I hope Directv holds out. :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

Not last quarter. ;)

The last full year was better for DISH ... which is why they claim to be the fastest growing provider. But we've had threads to discuss that ...

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

they got rid of ESpnews and a few other HD only because they cant resign with those networks without rasining [sic] the bill.

I hate it when they "rasin" my bill. :lol:
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#7 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,480 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

AMC in HD.:joy:

Assuming it will be showing in my guide tomorrow, this is like daddy Charlie came home from a trip with that present I'd been hoping for but never thought I'd get. After all, this is a Rainbow Media channel. We're in a lawsuit with Rainbow Media. Or did it get settled when nobody was watching?

Now for our local PBS and The CW channels....

(Yeah, I'm never satisfied with just one present.:sure:)

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#8 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,875 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

Congrats to all of you. I'm officially jealous :)
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,480 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

Congrats to all of you. I'm officially jealous :)

You can come over to our house and play on Sundays, Stuart.:lol:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#10 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,192 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

they got rid of ESpnews and a few other HD only because they cant resign with those networks without rasining the bill.

dish network's best move should be to file bankruptcy.

Wow troll much? That's gotta be right up there w/ one of the most useless responses ever.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#11 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Yes, his/her trolling skills are sorely lacking. Right up there with the spelling ability! :)

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#12 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

Just received the following:

PROGRAMMING UPDATE

Launch of AMC HD

Effective on Wednesday, August 18, 2010, by 5pm ET, AMC HD will launch to customers who subscribe HD 200 & higher, DISH America Silver & higher, and HD DOS & higher.

Description: American Movie Classics HD is a 24-hour network devoted to the Golden Age of Hollywood. AMC HD offers the finest, most comprehensive libraries of classic films from the 1930s to the 1970s and a diverse blend of original programming.

I won't be watching AMC HD because of the commercials. Congrats to everybody else. :)

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#13 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

AMC in HD.:joy:

Assuming it will be showing in my guide tomorrow, this is like daddy Charlie came home from a trip with that present I'd been hoping for but never thought I'd get. After all, this is a Rainbow Media channel. We're in a lawsuit with Rainbow Media. Or did it get settled when nobody was watching?

Now for our local PBS and The CW channels....

(Yeah, I'm never satisfied with just one present.:sure:)

I'm happy for you! But how did come about? I wasn't expecting to see anything in Rainbow HD.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#14 OFFLINE   ggotch5445

ggotch5445

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Well, I guess I would have to say that it will always be a good thing when another channel is added to our packages in HD. Sadly though, I can remember when AMC was about American Movie Classics, and not All Mostly Commercials.

Not so much that I object to channels having to pay the bills with advertising. I truly realise that broadcasting is expensive, and these folks have to get their financial support from somewhere. But the breaks, during movies, are relentless.

When AMC first took on commericial advertising, they said their viewership went up. I have to say, that with that move, and the change in their definition of classic films, we have rarely come back to tune in to AMC.

Thank goodness for Turner Classic Movies, where at least so far, they continue to offer truly classic films, without commercials.

#15 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

This move is a good thing for D* subs, as it will be an incentive for D* to add it. (did not mean insensitive )

Edited by ejjames, 18 August 2010 - 08:24 PM.

Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#16 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

This move is a good thing for D* subs, as it will be an insensitive for D* to add it.

I love this thread :)

First we had mention of rasining...

and now Directv is being insensitive?

:D

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#17 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Does watching D* make you forget how to spell, or do you have to be a bad speller to watch D*? Curious minds want to know!! :D

I'm tickled pink to see AMC added sometime today. Hopefully this will mean more HD from Rainbow and maybe MSG in the near future.

Lloyd

#18 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

New Uplinks / Mappings - Channels Available
5406 AMC American Movie Classics added to 129° TP 31 (HD Hidden) EPG linked to 72.7° TP 32 Ch 9529 AVAILABLE
5406 AMC American Movie Classics added to 72.7° TP 32 (HD Hidden) EPG linked to 72.7° TP 32 Ch 9529 AVAILABLE
9529 AMC (130 HD) American Movie Classics added to 129° TP 31 (HD Hidden) AVAILABLE
9529 AMC (130 HD) American Movie Classics added to 72.7° TP 32 (HD Hidden) AVAILABLE

#19 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Confirmed! Terminator is on now in blazing HD!!

Lloyd

#20 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

AMC HD is now up and running on channel 130 showing The Terminator

Protected By... spam firewall...And...