Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR24-100 Audio Issues (not dropouts)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brit_In_NY

Brit_In_NY

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hi,

Was wondering if anybody else was experiencing this same issue as a software problem or if I need to get my HR24 switched out.

Occasionally my receiver will stop outputting audio over optical and HDMI. The PCM indicator on my Pioneer AVR will just rapidly flash. If I go to the D* menu and turn off DD and then turn it back on again the sound comes back....but only until I change channel - then the sound goes again.

I have to red-button reset to get my sound back.

Anybody else experiencing something like this?

Thanks,
Mark

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Mine will do it too-ESPECIALLY after trick play. Does analog stereo cable work for you (don't have to leave it permanent, just try)? Mine will still output analog, but who wants that? lol

#3 OFFLINE   marquitos2

marquitos2

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

I got the same unit that you own, but don't have any problems.
Marquitos

#4 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Yes. Seems to happen when I am using trick play. I have to red button reset to get it working again. HR24-100.
Almost there.
A few more seconds please...

#5 OFFLINE   john18

john18

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 979 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Brit, :welcome_s to DBSTalk.

There is a new national release of software that will be coming to the various HR24's. It is believed that it is in the final stages of testing and will be rolled out in the not too distant future. That software may address the cause of the issue about which you posted. My advice is give it a few weeks to a month, at which point I would anticipate that the software will have been released, and see if that helps.

BTW, sometimes I miss Westchester. I grew up in Mamaroneck and White Plains, but that was many years ago....

#6 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Brit, :welcome_s to DBSTalk.

There is a new national release of software that will be coming to the various HR24's. It is believed that it is in the final stages of testing and will be rolled out in the not too distant future. That software may address the cause of the issue about which you posted. My advice is give it a few weeks to a month, at which point I would anticipate that the software will have been released, and see if that helps.

BTW, sometimes I miss Westchester. I grew up in Mamaroneck and White Plains, but that was many years ago....

If you are referring to the 40D software that I got over the weekend on my HR24-100 It doesn't help. I just was able to get the audio to quit with several 10 second rewinds. While trying to fix the sound the picture froze and a couple of minutes later has started its own reboot.
Almost there.
A few more seconds please...

#7 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

It's being discussed over here...

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=182288
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...